User Tag List

Page 94 of 265 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3968

Thread: Vintage and hall of fame patches

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not spectacular patches at all nor superstars but it's still one of my favorite cards
    Currently Collecting:
    2000 Fleer Club 3000 Cards - PLEASE PM me if you have any!!!!!
    Retired / HOF GU and Autos
    McGwire Game Used Cards

jebscards
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I go back and touch on the Lou Gehrig Triple Threads Tag Patch. I own the card. I saw it pulled in a break on BO. I bought it from the original owner who owned it since it was pulled and has never listed it on ebay. It is 100% unaltered. The #3 /3 has the rest of his last name on the patch. I know this as it was sold on ebay back when the product was released. I have not seen the #1 /3 so I cannot speak on that one. Maybe it is my scanner that makes the swatch look "too new" but in hand it definitely looks old. I cannot comment as to where Topps obtained the swatches for this set. Also, nobody has seen this card on ebay (or anywhere else for that matter) with a single plain swatch as it was never made with a single color swatch. Maybe someone "misremembered" or saw a different card but it wasn't this one. I don't know how to prove to anyone, that doubts its authenticity, that it is real and that it was pack pulled exactly as you see it.

Senior Member mlbsalltimegreats's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Can I go back and touch on the Lou Gehrig Triple Threads Tag Patch. I own the card. I saw it pulled in a break on BO. I bought it from the original owner who owned it since it was pulled and has never listed it on ebay. It is 100% unaltered. The #3 /3 has the rest of his last name on the patch. I know this as it was sold on ebay back when the product was released. I have not seen the #1 /3 so I cannot speak on that one. Maybe it is my scanner that makes the swatch look "too new" but in hand it definitely looks old. I cannot comment as to where Topps obtained the swatches for this set. Also, nobody has seen this card on ebay (or anywhere else for that matter) with a single plain swatch as it was never made with a single color swatch. Maybe someone "misremembered" or saw a different card but it wasn't this one. I don't know how to prove to anyone, that doubts its authenticity, that it is real and that it was pack pulled exactly as you see it.
    That's not gonna be enough bud, sorry.
    Here is what I would do as it will be worth your time.
    Continually contact topps and ask them for written documentation of this card being made by them and where the material came from. They may not hear ya the first time but keep at it as they are bound to give you an answer.
    That's just my take on it.
    Personally I have my reservations about the card and I don't mind not owning or going after it.

jebscards
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbsalltimegreats View Post
    That's not gonna be enough bud, sorry.
    Here is what I would do as it will be worth your time.
    Continually contact topps and ask them for written documentation of this card being made by them and where the material came from. They may not hear ya the first time but keep at it as they are bound to give you an answer.
    That's just my take on it.
    Personally I have my reservations about the card and I don't mind not owning or going after it.
    Basically the only way this card is fake is if Topps used a fake swatch. That is 100% the only way it would not be real.

Senior Member mlbsalltimegreats's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically the only way this card is fake is if Topps used a fake swatch. That is 100% the only way it would not be real.
    Just keep trying to reach out to them as if they end up giving you some good info on it, I and other would love to take a shot at the card as of now I have no interest.

For the record I want it to be real as even for Pants tagging its rare.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't taken the time to look , but it'll it was pulled on BO , I'm sure a thread was made at the time of pull ? A card like that wouldn't usually be kept quiet. I'll see if there were any threads related to it. As to 3/3 , I haven't seen an image on google , worthpoint etc , which is weird if it was listed on eBay an image should exist somewhere , but I haven't been able to find any of them. If there was an image for 3/3 , it def could help your card.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

jebscards
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    I haven't taken the time to look , but it'll it was pulled on BO , I'm sure a thread was made at the time of pull ? A card like that wouldn't usually be kept quiet. I'll see if there were any threads related to it. As to 3/3 , I haven't seen an image on google , worthpoint etc , which is weird if it was listed on eBay an image should exist somewhere , but I haven't been able to find any of them. If there was an image for 3/3 , it def could help your card.

Ryan
    There is a current thread about the Gehrig. Several people that were in the break, when it was pulled, remember the card. Unfortunately the original thread from the break no longer has pics due to how old it is.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up a great hank aaron card this morning! Been waiting 3 years to land it. Can't wait to post a picture

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the thread from blowout:

https://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/j...-thread-2.html

This was the video from blowout:

https://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...eads-live.html

Neither provide clear evidence as they are too old. Video & images no longer valid but you will see some comments surrounding the card.

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 16christensen16 View Post
    Picked up a great hank aaron card this morning! Been waiting 3 years to land it. Can't wait to post a picture
    The quad patch auto?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y4NK335 View Post
    This was the thread from blowout:

https://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/j...-thread-2.html

This was the video from blowout:

https://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...eads-live.html

Neither provide clear evidence as they are too old. Video & images no longer valid but you will see some comments surrounding the card.
    Cool thanks , def not much there other than , that Gehrig was nice type line. Not much wow talk for sure. Hmm , sucks the video is gone. Thanks for finding it

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

jebscards
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Cool thanks , def not much there other than , that Gehrig was nice type line. Not much wow talk for sure. Hmm , sucks the video is gone. Thanks for finding it

Ryan
    All of that info is in the Gehrig thread on BO. Also has a mod and others that were in the break that recall the card being pulled. Still doesn't clarify where Topps got the swatch which could prove to be a rather daunting task.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    The quad patch auto?

That is correct

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 16christensen16 View Post
    That is correct
    Beautiful!

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my crosetti diamond kings patch. As for the patch size they are a bit small but not so small you can't appreciate the card. If the patch is a good patch then you will like the card. A old yankee pinstripe blue felt patch is a great patch I love the card! Got a couple more im trying to land!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg