Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here is the only barrel card that matters to me. In my opinion it is the single greatest modern era baseball card ever made. The holy grail of holy grails....the 2006 upper deck epic 500 home run club quad bat barrel with babe Ruth, Jimmie foxx, Mel ott, and eddie Mathews.

You own that ??? Jesus , you just hit the Jordan Game 6 shot and left your hand up right there. That is truly amazing ! I'll try and look past the crappy way they numbered it , but I don't know if I've ever seen a card with that Star Power before. I agree , unless there was some type of first HOF class done with that type of memorabilia in it , I'm not sure what beats that. How long have you had it ? And thanks for sharing.

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
You own that ??? Jesus , you just hit the Jordan Game 6 shot and left your hand up right there. That is truly amazing ! I'll try and look past the crappy way they numbered it , but I don't know if I've ever seen a card with that Star Power before. I agree , unless there was some type of first HOF class done with that type of memorabilia in it , I'm not sure what beats that. How long have you had it ? And thanks for sharing.

Ryan

Not a Jordan fan so I like to call it kirby puckett walk off home run game 6 of 91 world series followed by Jack morris 10 inning shutout game 7 ha. I'm a twins fan though; ) I bought it last summer through beckett auctions. It cost me a pretty penny but I actually thought I got a bargain on it. I was beyond happy when I opened up the box and the quad barrel arrived at my house.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Here is the only barrel card that matters to me. In my opinion it is the single greatest modern era baseball card ever made. The holy grail of holy grails....the 2006 upper deck epic 500 home run club quad bat barrel with babe Ruth, Jimmie foxx, Mel ott, and eddie Mathews.

Wow you're the owner of that card! That is truly one of the GOAT cards, it is really up there with the best modern cards ever produced, incredible piece. Here are my Ott's by the way:

get-attachment-15_zps4bdabc18.jpg

MelOtt-1.png

I really like the two I got, but I hope to add another couple in the next year or so, his patches are one of my favorites to go after.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Not a Jordan fan so I like to call it kirby puckett walk off home run game 6 of 91 world series followed by Jack morris 10 inning shutout game 7 ha. I'm a twins fan though; ) I bought it last summer through beckett auctions. It cost me a pretty penny but I actually thought I got a bargain on it. I was beyond happy when I opened up the box and the quad barrel arrived at my house.

Ha , I shoulda went baseball but the MJ shot was first thing I thought of. Very impressive again, do you have any Killer Barrels ?

Ryan

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota

Thread over. No reason to post anything after that card. Absolutely insane.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Wow you're the owner of that card! That is truly one of the GOAT cards, it is really up there with the best modern cards ever produced, incredible piece. Here are my Ott's by the way:

get-attachment-15_zps4bdabc18.jpg

MelOtt-1.png

I really like the two I got, but I hope to add another couple in the next year or so, his patches are one of my favorites to go after.

Wow im way jealous of the 2001 Fotg ott...always wanted one! Great card

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Here is my other drool worthy ruth card. It hails from the legendary 2005 absolute memorabilia update set. Black jumbo patches and contains a piece of ruth jersey tag in the corner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 69

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Incredible, I was the second bidder on that auction. I also thought it went at a good price. I wanted to go higher but I want full name barrel cards of those guys. We need to get a separate thread going for just Barrels.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Incredible, I was the second bidder on that auction. I also thought it went at a good price. I wanted to go higher but I want full name barrel cards of those guys. We need to get a separate thread going for just Barrels.

I'm glad you quit bidding cuz I was willing to pay twice as much as I paid for it ha.

There is a nice ruth barrel on ebay right now, with full name. You put a offer in on it?

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Yeah, like a top 10 want list . If you don't want to put it out there I wouldn't blame you

Ryan

my top want list our the cards from the 2005 sweet spot classic patches I dont have.
i need

Andre Dawson 7
bob Gibson 1
don mattingly hitting 9
dave Winfield 3
jackir robinson 12
mike Schmidt 6
mike schmidt 5
nolan ryan 15
nolan Ryan 3
paul molitor 13
stan Musial 3

basically I need the 11 hardest cards to get ha, doesn't help that I only started putting this set together a couple years ago.

obivisouly if anyone has any of these cards I would be willing to pay good money for them

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Yeah, like a top 10 want list . If you don't want to put it out there I wouldn't blame you

Ryan

the other cards I want are:
#1 . 2007 triple threads joe mauer all star game MLB logo patch card

the rest in no particular order

2003 upper deck patch exclusives Mickey mantle patch
a babe Ruth button
2006 topps sterling rod carew jumbo patch 1/1
a sandy Koufax jumbo patch...if it even exists...to my knowledge there aren't any Koufax jumbos
2003 timeless treasures Lou Gehrig home jersey patch
the topps tier one Ty Cobb pants full name tag stitch card
2013 bowman chrome byron buxton superfractor auto....I have the non auto superfractor

those are are the want cards on top of my list as of now

Members online