Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How 'bout those Rockies!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I did not expect to be this pumped at ANY point in the season, but man am I already counting down to game time today. I have to enjoy it now because we all know baseball has a way of humbling a man real quick.

Now for some baseball talk: Walt Weiss did some interesting things with the lineup last night, as he apparently expected his young starter (Matzek) to get the early hook, so he batted him eighth and mixed up the rest of the positioning in anticipation of some creative double shifting (you AL guys may not know what I'm talking about). I didn't think the change of GM and overall management scheme would mean much this year, but it seems that the micromanagement of lineups and the bullpen/dugout are over and the team's designed flexibility can be put to use during a game, not just across games.

I guess that, as always, it pretty much boils down to the inevitable extended DL stint by Tulo and the use of 15+ different starters over the year, but I am riding high now because I really expected 0-4 as opposed to 4-0 (with a road sweep to open the season!).

Keep it going Rox!

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
2007..... won 21 of 22 heading into World Series....got swept in World Series....

No offense, but the Rockies winning four in a row just isn't terribly exciting.

I was impressed with Tulo though. I had never seen him play until the WS, 2007.

tulowitzki.static.ref.35.14bc.ns.jpg

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Ironically, the OP and the first responder both have Reds, which are 4-0 as well to start the season, in their sigs!

Fordman

(Since I responded, make it three Reds in the sigs)

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
2007..... won 21 of 22 heading into World Series....got swept in World Series....

No offense, but the Rockies winning four in a row just isn't terribly exciting.

I was impressed with Tulo though. I had never seen him play until the WS, 2007.

View attachment 48834
No offense taken, and I get that most don't care. I just thought that the Rockies were a horrible futures bet at 100-1. I thought 1000-1 would be more realistic, so I put my money elsewhere...

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Ironically, the OP and the first responder both have Reds, which are 4-0 as well to start the season, in their sigs!

Fordman

(Since I responded, make it three Reds in the sigs)
...I put a little money on the Reds to win the WS at, I believe 40-1?

My sig rotates HOF autos, btw, so I'm not sure who was there when you posted but I'm glad to represent.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'm enjoying it as well. I'm a Twins fan, but live in Rockies country now (Western Nebraska) so I enjoy watching the Rockies as well. They have been fun to follow the first week of the season, especially with the Twins playing so poorly. I don't think I'll make it down to Denver for a game until August or September this year though

Members online

Latest posts