Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm an ebay buyer, but I can't pay the seller...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little input here.

I won an auction April 6 for $9ish shipped. The auction states that the seller accepts Paypal only. I tried to pay the next day, but the site states that "the seller is unable to accept Paypal at this time. Please contact the seller for instructions." I did that, and the seller tells me "you should be able to pay now". Same message.

I wait a day or so and try to pay again with a different computer, my phone, different IP, all with the same problem. I do this over several days. Finally yesterday I responded to the seller that I still have the same problem, but now they are unresponsive. Is my only recourse to call ebay so I don't get a NPB from this seller?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little input here.

I won an auction April 6 for $9ish shipped. The auction states that the seller accepts Paypal only. I tried to pay the next day, but the site states that "the seller is unable to accept Paypal at this time. Please contact the seller for instructions." I did that, and the seller tells me "you should be able to pay now". Same message.

I wait a day or so and try to pay again with a different computer, my phone, different IP, all with the same problem. I do this over several days. Finally yesterday I responded to the seller that I still have the same problem, but now they are unresponsive. Is my only recourse to call ebay so I don't get a NPB from this seller?

One time I had this issue as a seller and it was a problem with my email. I had to call eBay to fix it

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I had that problem once last year. Paid, but it sat there "unclaimed." It was the seller's paypal account that was screwed up, like they had detached the email address ebay used to tie to their Paypal account, something like that. The seller didn't seem too interested in fixing the problem, and after cancelling my payment, I rapidly lost interest in paying them. Never heard from the seller again.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
As long as the messages between you and the seller are through ebay, they will not ding you. You might have to call them and tell them you tried contacting him but he didn't respond... then ebay will cancel the transaction

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I had that happen on a $10 card. Seller never responded, filed an unpaid item claim that got lost in email, and now I have a strike.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
You may want to check your method of payment.

I was attempting to pay with an expired credit card and I was told that the seller did not accept paypal at this time. Made no sense. Changed payment mehods... no issue whatsoever.

Members online

Latest posts