User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 197

Thread: Neo-Nazi kills 16 year old because he made sexual advances on his brother

  1. #76
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,817
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    I agree with you that that particular debate is un-losable. If you promise something and don't deliver, you can't really debate about whether or not someone delivered on that promise. I'm not sure why your problem is with me and not with the person who made false promises.
    Thats true, especially when you switched your narrative once actual numbers were placed in front of you. You cant lose with moving targets, right? The delivering on promises was your version of the Iraq War. One thing gets disproven, you move on to the next thing. See? You cant escape that part...
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  2. #77
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,817
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    I'm curious about what your response to that data would be. Are you really looking for people to look at those statistics and say "Well, that settles it. Cops are racist". I'm being totally serious, what would you expect someone more rational than me in your opinion to say there?
    My response is nothing. I'm pointing out your typical respnse.

    I think 99.9% of cops are good at what they do and have no agendas other than to do their job. The data being shown points to the fact some may not be and there needs to be conversation around it. Your response is to ignore and offer "facts" as you seem them and some of the normal pointing to victims some people are very good at.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  3. #78
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,645
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Thats true, especially when you switched your narrative once actual numbers were placed in front of you. You cant lose with moving targets, right? The delivering on promises was your version of the Iraq War. One thing gets disproven, you move on to the next thing. See? You cant escape that part...
    That's just not an accurate synopsis of how things went in that conversation from my perspective. I never changed my narrative when numbers were placed in front of me. You gave me some numbers and we had a discussion on them, that discussion didn't end with me saying Obama did something good for the economy. In turn I gave you other numbers and again I'll repeat your response: "Well, how long do you think an economic recovery takes?". You did the same exact thing you're downtalking; your narrative was that Obama did a great job in the economy recovering, I gave you some numbers, you then turned to say that it wasn't enough time.

  4. #79
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,645
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    My response is nothing. I'm pointing out your typical respnse.

    I think 99.9% of cops are good at what they do and have no agendas other than to do their job. The data being shown points to the fact some may not be and there needs to be conversation around it. Your response is to ignore and offer "facts" as you seem them and some of the normal pointing to victims some people are very good at.
    I've pointed to the victim in the Ferguson case and that's it. I've agreed numerous times that there should be a conversation around the .1% of cops who may have other agendas, but I've also added that failure to comply with police officers is an absolute no-no in my book and that I feel that that should be an important conversation to be had as well. If you think it's fine to run from police, argue with police officers who are trying to detain you, put your hands on police officers, etc. then that's just your opinion that I don't agree with. But it's not the situation of me mindlessly disagreeing with data like you're describing.

  5. #80
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,817
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    That's just not an accurate synopsis of how things went in that conversation from my perspective. I never changed my narrative when numbers were placed in front of me. You gave me some numbers and we had a discussion on them, that discussion didn't end with me saying Obama did something good for the economy. In turn I gave you other numbers and again I'll repeat your response: "Well, how long do you think an economic recovery takes?". You did the same exact thing you're downtalking; your narrative was that Obama did a great job in the economy recovering, I gave you some numbers, you then turned to say that it wasn't enough time.
    Find where I've said, even one time, that Obama has done a great job with the economy. Just once. What I've said over and over is the picture is still a work in progress and that even this "recovery" was started by the previous administration. Unlike you, i'm willing to admit things you arent since it may cause you physical pain.

    I'm not shocked thats how you remember it. You show a graph that interestingly ends the year before the news gets positive. You then shirt the argument to "well, its not enough" or "it isnt what he promised" so like I said, every piece of data you've been given is easily defeated with a nah-uh.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  6. #81
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,119
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    I still seem confused about the details? Notice how no one finds your posts (that are a pathetic attempt to amuse others) remotely funny.
    Yes, you do still seem confused on the details. My post have not been for other's amusement, only my own. Your reading comprehension is amusement enough, though I find it more sad than funny.

    God bless your heart.
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

  7. #82
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,645
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Find where I've said, even one time, that Obama has done a great job with the economy. Just once. What I've said over and over is the picture is still a work in progress and that even this "recovery" was started by the previous administration. Unlike you, i'm willing to admit things you arent since it may cause you physical pain.

    I'm not shocked thats how you remember it. You show a graph that interestingly ends the year before the news gets positive. You then shirt the argument to "well, its not enough" or "it isnt what he promised" so like I said, every piece of data you've been given is easily defeated with a nah-uh.
    I'm sure you didn't use the words "great" but your tone was certainly not framed in the way you're coming off now. Since flip flopping on issues is something that you're very comfortable with that doesn't surprise me in the least bit (i.e. your responses regarding your tax bill and then your responses regarding supporting the "financial independence" of low-paid workers). You've also continuously made false claims about things I say (i.e. claiming that I have a disdain for certain lines of work). You continuously go back to one graph that left out 3 years of data - a graph that I did not create myself but simply referenced from an article I read. The graph may have been misleadingly posted in the context I referenced it in, but it didn't change the argument one iota. You're back in the straw grasping stage as per usual

  8. #83
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,645
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Yes, you do still seem confused on the details. My post have not been for other's amusement, only my own. Your reading comprehension is amusement enough, though I find it more sad than funny.

    God bless your heart.
    You're really that amused by someone mixing up whether the victim was 16 or the perpetrator's brother? And you then feel the need to continue posting about this well into the 6th page of the thread? I think you're the one who really needs the blessing here, fortunately no combination of words I can type in response to your jackass posts will make your life any more pathetic than it already is. Feel free to keep coming at me, but just fair warning that I don't think you'll like what you get in response.

  9. #84
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,817
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    I'm sure you didn't use the words "great" but your tone was certainly not framed in the way you're coming off now. Since flip flopping on issues is something that you're very comfortable with that doesn't surprise me in the least bit (i.e. your responses regarding your tax bill and then your responses regarding supporting the "financial independence" of low-paid workers). You've also continuously made false claims about things I say (i.e. claiming that I have a disdain for certain lines of work). You continuously go back to one graph that left out 3 years of data - a graph that I did not create myself but simply referenced from an article I read. The graph may have been misleadingly posted in the context I referenced it in, but it didn't change the argument one iota. You're back in the straw grasping stage as per usual
    So by flip flopping, you're saying i went from NOT supporting an idea (financial independance) to SUPPORTING an idea (financial independance). Isnt that what flip flopping actually means? Are you saying supporting more than one approach to an issue is indeed flip flopping? I'm wondering if you actually know the use of the phrase...

    Also, are you saying thats the only data I've shown? I'm wondering how fun it must be to just leave out details to make yourself feel more in tune with the conversation


    I think its fun to watch you bob and weave in this manner because its done at the speed that I would physically bob and weave...just a hint, I'm a very easy target to punch.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  10. #85
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,645
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    So by flip flopping, you're saying i went from NOT supporting an idea (financial independance) to SUPPORTING an idea (financial independance). Isnt that what flip flopping actually means? Are you saying supporting more than one approach to an issue is indeed flip flopping? I'm wondering if you actually know the use of the phrase...

    Also, are you saying thats the only data I've shown? I'm wondering how fun it must be to just leave out details to make yourself feel more in tune with the conversation

    I think its fun to watch you bob and weave in this manner because its done at the speed that I would physically bob and weave...just a hint, I'm a very easy target to punch.
    You said that you'd like the minimum wage increased because you feel it will give you a smaller tax bill, correct? A few weeks later you flip flopped when you said you were in favor of elevating wages in the public sector for positions that would not merit that wage in the private sector. When explaining that your tax bill would infact rise because of that, you quickly forgot about your desire for a lower tax bill and explained that you're ok with "paying for financial independence". Is that a sufficient explanation?

    I'm not sure why you think I'm trying to punch you, I'm just trying to get the record straight. I'm not trying to say that's the only time you showed data, but that's the only time I can recall taking the "nuh uh" approach you continuously reference. I feel that your argument is based on a discussion regarding one single topic...so I'm still waiting for you to give me other examples of when you showed me data and I narrowed the argument down to a level that I couldn't be wrong...

  11. #86
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,817
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    You said that you'd like the minimum wage increased because you feel it will give you a smaller tax bill, correct? A few weeks later you flip flopped when you said you were in favor of elevating wages in the public sector for positions that would not merit that wage in the private sector. When explaining that your tax bill would infact rise because of that, you quickly forgot about your desire for a lower tax bill and explained that you're ok with "paying for financial independence". Is that a sufficient explanation?

    I'm not sure why you think I'm trying to punch you, I'm just trying to get the record straight. I'm not trying to say that's the only time you showed data, but that's the only time I can recall taking the "nuh uh" approach you continuously reference. I feel that your argument is based on a discussion regarding one single topic...so I'm still waiting for you to give me other examples of when you showed me data and I narrowed the argument down to a level that I couldn't be wrong...
    Actually, i said I didnt care if my tax bill went down if the money was being used for the betterment of my country, town, state or whatever. I would rather have money to fix roads, education and other stuff. What I said is I'd rather less money go towards what is essentially corporate welfare.

    What you fail to recorgnize is that ANY article or data shown on the subject has been met by you and you nuh-uh defense. I'm not going to go around and around with you since you're clearly "misremembering" things on order to make yourself seem like you're being picked on.

    For a dude who is a high end collector of awesomeness, you are at the top of that list. For a guy to discuss the economy and low wage workers with, you have an awesome collection of High end HOF cards.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  12. #87
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,645
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Actually, i said I didnt care if my tax bill went down if the money was being used for the betterment of my country, town, state or whatever. I would rather have money to fix roads, education and other stuff. What I said is I'd rather less money go towards what is essentially corporate welfare.

    What you fail to recorgnize is that ANY article or data shown on the subject has been met by you and you nuh-uh defense. I'm not going to go around and around with you since you're clearly "misremembering" things on order to make yourself seem like you're being picked on.

    For a dude who is a high end collector of awesomeness, you are at the top of that list. For a guy to discuss the economy and low wage workers with, you have an awesome collection of High end HOF cards.
    The bold is an awesome line.

    I'm not "misremembering" anything. I understand that you're not going to go back and look through all of the various conversations we've had to point out the times when you showed me data and gave you the nuh-uh defense nor would I expect you to. I'm acknowledging that when we were discussing the economic recovery I understand why you take my responses that way in that particular discussion, but I'm asking for even one other example when I took that stance. I can think of other examples where I didn't readily accept your data, but I gave you plenty of reasons for not accepting it - it wasn't just a mindless nuh-uh stance.

    It seems like your real problem is that I don't immediately accept the first form of data as proof of something. Take this case for example, yes hive showed some data. I acknowledged the data, and I wrote out a well thought counter-argument to that data (the counter-argument was that yes, we should have a real discussion about what hive noted but perhaps there is another real discussion that needs to happen). Instead of responding to my counter argument you simply crossed your arms and just take the stance that well this is just him being him again.

    We both know you don't like talking about economics with me because our views are on different ends of the spectrum and it happens to be the one subject that I'm actually interested enough in to do substantial research in on my own time (not to mention that I work in the industry) and you may not be as well versed as me in that topic - though I'm sure your knowledge is far greater than mine in other hot-button discussions.

  13. #88
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,817
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    The bold is an awesome line.

    It seems like your real problem is that I don't immediately accept the first form of data as proof of something. Take this case for example, yes hive showed some data. I acknowledged the data, and I wrote out a well thought counter-argument to that data (the counter-argument was that yes, we should have a real discussion about what hive noted but perhaps there is another real discussion that needs to happen). Instead of responding to my counter argument you simply crossed your arms and just take the stance that well this is just him being him again.

    We both know you don't like talking about economics with me because our views are on different ends of the spectrum and it happens to be the one subject that I'm actually interested enough in to do substantial research in on my own time (not to mention that I work in the industry) and you may not be as well versed as me in that topic - though I'm sure your knowledge is far greater than mine in other hot-button discussions
    .

    Thats the problem, if you're going to say "perhaps" there is another reason, isnt it wise to actually go looking for it?


    I think its hilarious at how well versed you are on a topic you havent been able to produce like a shred of information on. You are so well versed that your response to everything on the topisd is "well, obummer lied and stuff"

    If you are so well versed, where is the mountain of data to show the economy has improved, albeit slowly under the current president. Although I do appreciate the constant pats on my head for a topic you're more well versed on but unable to quantify...
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  14. #89
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,645
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Thats the problem, if you're going to say "perhaps" there is another reason, isnt it wise to actually go looking for it?


    I think its hilarious at how well versed you are on a topic you havent been able to produce like a shred of information on. You are so well versed that your response to everything on the topisd is "well, obummer lied and stuff"

    If you are so well versed, where is the mountain of data to show the economy has improved, albeit slowly under the current president. Although I do appreciate the constant pats on my head for a topic you're more well versed on but unable to quantify...
    Wait a second, are you really saying I've never showed you any economic data to support my claims?

  15. #90
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,645
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=1810]phillyfan0417[/MENTION]

    https://www.profitconfidential.com/ec...collapse-2015/

    Take a look at this article and then re-think your claim that there is no data to support my position. IMO this article uses a great metric to convince you why markets are overvalued (P/E ratio has been as rock solid of an indicator as we have when talking about long-term value forecast) and it also touches on just a couple of the problems with the low unemployment numbers we've seen on paper. It also very lightly touches on the Fed's lax lending policy and the potential repercussions if we have to raise rates to combat inflation spikes (though I can find hundreds of better articles out there if you'd like that explain this issue in it's entirety). One thing that this article doesn't even touch on is the ever-growing national debt. Would you like some statistics on that, or can we agree it's a negative consequence from the Obama administration?

    The overarching theme: the middle-class is no better off. Some of our numbers look like they're improving, but the middle-class economic position has not improved yet and there is reason to believe with our current policies that it will not improve in the long-term. As of now, we can't even accurately forecast the long-term because our debt and lending rates are completely unsustainable in the long-term, no matter what your definition of the "long-term" is...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •