Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

All-time Milwaukee Brewers Autograph Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
So Bacon asked about "tough Sigs" earlier in the thread. Steve Hovley from what I've gathered is quite likely #1 on the Brewers list (aside from the aforementioned Dan Thomas). He is not deceased but rather wants nothing to do with baseball or signing. Why, who knows? But if he has kids maybe one of them can get a book deal out of his story. It may have something to do with Steve's portrayal in Ball Four.
Anyhow I was able to find this nice little book by searching by former minor league teams
E132A882-7853-49FC-9FA2-9FF0C2DDE6F1_zps4bh2gtuq.jpg

41 years ago someone misspelled Hovley as "Hovely" and 4 decades later that small mistake is apparently my gain as this did not show up under a traditional search to add a Hovley autograph to my collection. There are 3 seasons worth of Red Wings autographs in the book; each season having a "checklist" of who was obtained and who was missing.
All those with an "X" are present in the book (sometimes 3 times over)
69B78551-DB16-4D4E-9DF6-C8EC2A070C65_zpsw448svji.jpg

36E9AA70-3B53-433B-98B7-FDEFF120D04B_zps1qyhtnxt.jpg

(1976 is also in the book)
Somebody really put a lot of love and dedication into this thing. Each little page is neatly labeled (typed) with the player's name and in most cases the date of the signature

And at last...
pth05lor.jpeg

$100 well spent IMO

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
That's awesome! Cutting it up for a custom or leaving as is?
That'd be a tough decision in my book...but then again I'm trying to do all Mets on cards

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
That's awesome! Cutting it up for a custom or leaving as is?
That'd be a tough decision in my book...but then again I'm trying to do all Mets on cards

I prefer Brewers items but don't mind neutral index cards and the like. This one will stay as it is for now as I think the book as a whole is just a cool little look back into someone's summer months from those years. I may at some point remove the Hovley and have it slabbed as each page can easily be removed through the rings

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I prefer Brewers items but don't mind neutral index cards and the like. This one will stay as it is for now as I think the book as a whole is just a cool little look back into someone's summer months from those years. I may at some point remove the Hovley and have it slabbed as each page can easily be removed through the rings

Well good luck with whatever you chose, it's a great piece!

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Wow, I can't believe you are down to just one Mexican. Dessens is going to be the pitching coach of my hometown team. I am not there anymore but my brother can definitely help.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Wow, I can't believe you are down to just one Mexican. Dessens is going to be the pitching coach of my hometown team. I am not there anymore but my brother can definitely help.

I could use him on a Mets card too ;)

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

That would be sweet, I haven't had any luck trying him TTM (to AZL I think?). And I'll have to check my lists, I'm sure a few of the guys I have could be upgraded :)

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
6 call-ups today! These 2 are already taken care of. Assume they'll get in a game soon
7d2830z2.jpeg

n06g0568.jpeg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Well it worked out. Dan Thomas index card purchased from Kevin Keating, consultant for PSA baseball signature authentications
enrlviq3.jpeg

I'm beginning to think 100% is actually doable

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Well it worked out. Dan Thomas index card purchased from Kevin Keating, consultant for PSA baseball signature authentications
enrlviq3.jpeg

I'm beginning to think 100% is actually doable

Wow, how many of those even exist? Thomas' story doesn't strike me as that of a guy who signed a ton of stuff.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wow, how many of those even exist? Thomas' story doesn't strike me as that of a guy who signed a ton of stuff.

It's a good question. I know two other guys who have one so they're out there just really limited based on such a short career. There was another on eBay maybe 4 years ago. Guy was probably bipolar amongst other things so I bet some days he was a great singer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online