Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

All-time Milwaukee Brewers Autograph Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Upgraded Chris Smith and Marcus Jensen through Oakland consignment on SCN
2873w664x250.jpeg

s65987lax250.jpeg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Upgraded Jonathan Villar, Hernan Perez, Will Middlebrooks, Matias Carrillo, Carlos Maldonado, David Manning, and Devon White.

Crossed off Jesus Aguilar and Eric Sogard through public signing
43c3tq2z.jpeg

075z9703.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Dude, this is super impressive and it's good to see the Brew Crew getting so much love on these boards, if only from one collector.

Fun story for you...Jerry Augustine opened his own insurance agency in West Allis after he retired from baseball, and my grandpa was one of his clients. Most people would only visit their insurance agent when they had business to take care of, but my grandpa was a very personable and talkative guy, and he just kind of made friends with all the people he did business with all over Milwaukee. (I remember there was the coin shop guy, the mechanic, the furniture store guy, and the flea market manager guy (who also collected cards and gave me a 1987 Fleer Update McGwire when I couldn't find it at any of my LCSs).)

Being that my grandparents lived just 4-5 blocks away, my grandpa used to pop in and say hi and chat with Jerry for a good 30 minutes or so about baseball and other randomness like the weather and whatnot. He took me with him a bunch of times and I remember Jerry kept a big stack of his 1984 Topps card in his top desk drawer. Before we left he always took one out and signed it for me. I imagine those visits got to be a burden sometimes as he probably had a lot of work to do, but he always took the time to chat, always kept a smile on his face, and never rushed my grandpa out the door. Super stand-up guy.

Anyway, I ended up with about 5 or 6 of those 1984 autos. I still have them with all my other Brewers autos (not nearly as big a collection as you got!). I'm happy to send you one if you'd like to diversify your collection some.

Keep up the good work and let me know!

Jake

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks Jake! I'll take a look, I feel like I might have an '84 as well in a binder. Augie sounds like a great guy and it actually seems like a bunch of those early 80s players are so humble, approachable, and genuine individuals. The Midwest seems to bring out the best in people, especially the locals, more often than not! And there's at least a couple of other Brewer die hards lurking around the site from time to time :)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This is an awesome project!

Have you found any autos of your ace, Jimmy Nelson? Dude is a monster and doesn't get the credit he deserves. Sabermetrically (fangraphs) speaking, this season he's been the 2nd best pitcher in the NL

4.8 fWAR - 2nd NL
3.05 FIP - 4th NL
3.13 xFIP - 3rd NL
10.1 K/9 - 5th NL
192 Strikeouts - 3rd NL

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
This is an awesome project!

Have you found any autos of your ace, Jimmy Nelson? Dude is a monster and doesn't get the credit he deserves. Sabermetrically (fangraphs) speaking, this season he's been the 2nd best pitcher in the NL

4.8 fWAR - 2nd NL
3.05 FIP - 4th NL
3.13 xFIP - 3rd NL
10.1 K/9 - 5th NL
192 Strikeouts - 3rd NL

Thanks! Huge Nelson fan! Had a decent player collection going actually but sold a bunch when he started heating up finally. Still got a few for sure. Went to the game last night, great start

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Thanks! Huge Nelson fan! Had a decent player collection going actually but sold a bunch when he started heating up finally. Still got a few for sure. Went to the game last night, great start

You were there? That's awesome for sure.

And yeah, he was dominant. Struck out 11 during 7 scoreless innings against a team with monster offense. He's one of the main reasons I'm making it to the postseason in my fantasy league this year :cool:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Had these two on index cards but couldn't resist upgrading through recent private signings/consignments. Hope to snag a couple more this final weekend.

Brian Giles and Jason Bere
431d9iumx450.jpeg

wv59q035x450.jpeg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I love upgrading from Index Cards. Unfortunately, a lot of former Astros are never pictured in an Astros uniform anywhere.

I hear you. I like index cards quite a bit and wasn't planning on upgrading Giles but he's hard to find and only has 2 Brewers cards so when I saw a signing listed I could resist. When I'm bored I scour the web for rare Team issued photos of guys without cards or just make my own

Danny: Thanks! High praise from you!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Great collection, love some of the names, Jason Bere really took me back. I remember trying to convince one of my friends that he was Russian and cousins with hockey star Pavel Bure

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
All of us team collectors suffer that same fate. I have a decent selection of obscure Dodgers through a lot of oddball sets they issued like Target, Police/Dare, Smokey, Keebler, Mothers and others from the 80-00s, but hardly anyone used those for autographs. Someday, maybe I will break up some sets and see what kind of damage I can do to the list with those 1-2 year or less players.

I love upgrading from Index Cards. Unfortunately, a lot of former Astros are never pictured in an Astros uniform anywhere.

There is something uniquely satisfying to view a collection like this when you see the obscure guys on a team that you don't think about normally.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I don’t remember Dibble with the Brewers. I did get some cards of him in the mail with the Reds.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don’t remember Dibble with the Brewers. I did get some cards of him in the mail with the Reds.

Wasn’t much left of him by that point. Without checking I think it may have been his final stop before retiring from injuries. He’s told a few funny stories over the years about what a complete crap show the Brewers were at the time

Members online