Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FaceBook shaming of an overweight Busch Stadium patron.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
A guy posted this on FaceBook, basically publicly fat shaming a woman who was in attendance at Busch Stadium.

Thoughts? I know there are some overweight fellas here. Have any of you ever experienced anything similar while attending a game. Ever have anyone upset they had to sit next to you?

I'm not saying this guy isn't a *****, but I'm also not saying this lady isn't an inconsiderate person.

https://www.facebook.com/1270137963...741832.127013796322/10153284144086323/?type=1

My thoughts from FaceBook:

I would be upset if I had to sit in the seat next to this person, just as the person was who was sitting next to her and had to request a new seat because she had to sit in her seat sideways for most of the game.

You want to be obese, fine. But you know if you're going to a baseball game, or anywhere else where there is tight seating and close quarters, and if you're going to be an inconvenience to those around you.

Word of advice to this person the next time she wants to go to a baseball game at Busch Stadium: go, have fun, drink and eat all you want. Have a grand old time. But sit in the bleachers.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I cannot see the Facebook link here at work so I cannot fully comment on it. But, I am a big guy and very tall too. I am 6'5" and over 400 pounds give or take a few pounds here and there. Even when I was in the best shape of my life I was 300 pounds and had a flat stomach and was able keep up with all my skinny friends on the baseball and football field. There are days I wish I could shrink and go places and not be seen but that is impossible because of my height and my overall size. I have lost weight, gained it back and now in the process of losing it again but if I am going to a game I call ahead to make sure they have bleachers so I could sit comfortably. When I do go to games, I do sit in the bleachers and buy two seats because the last thing I want to do is put someone else in a situation they do not want to be in. I understand not everyone needs me encroaching on their personal space at a ball game. Everyone who is fat knows they cannot sit in a normal stadium seat and should make plans to sit only in those places where than can be comfortable and not ruin the experience of others around them.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I have mixed feeling about this. On one hand I believe it is never ok to attack an individual based on appearance, be that gender, race, weight, etc. Basically you can't judge someone unless you know their personal situation. On the other hand, I am in the healthcare field and poor diet/obesity is essentially the #1 cause of death/illness in the country. Far more diseases/illnesss are related to diet than many people realize. Thus the state of being obese/overweight should be seen as a negative based on a health standpoint and that message should never be stamped out. The whole movement of being happy with who you regardless of your size are is great, but is also troublesome at the same time.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I think it is so cool that she responded and even cooler that she has lost 150 pounds and basically gave him a boo yah right to his face. I think it is a good bet his business is going to suffer because of this.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
She as since reported to the ******* and posted other photos or her self where she has lose some considerable amount of weight. So I'm not so sure it is a recent event since it would take her a long time to lose the amount she has.

But this guy is an ass-clown for sure

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
No reason to degrade someone like that especially on social media where things can spread like wildfire. I'm glad she responded, she came off as much more mature and very confident in who she is which is a typically a struggle for those who are overweight. I use to make fun of people who were really overweight when I was younger but I made a great friend and saw how much she struggled with it. She would eat healthy and we would work out together but she couldn't seem to lose it. She never gave up, eventually she accepted she's not gonna be thin, worked on being healthy and was just happy. I think that's a real success story like the lady in this story

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
A guy posted this on FaceBook, basically publicly fat shaming a woman who was in attendance at Busch Stadium.

Thoughts? I know there are some overweight fellas here. Have any of you ever experienced anything similar while attending a game. Ever have anyone upset they had to sit next to you?

I'm not saying this guy isn't a *****, but I'm also not saying this lady isn't an inconsiderate person.

https://www.facebook.com/1270137963...741832.127013796322/10153284144086323/?type=1

I would be upset if I had to sit in the seat next to this person, just as the person was who was sitting next to her and had to request a new seat because she had to sit in her seat sideways for most of the game.

You want to be obese, fine. But you know if you're going to a baseball game, or anywhere else where there is tight seating and close quarters, and if you're going to be an inconvenience to those around you.

Word of advice to this person the next time she wants to go to a baseball game at Busch Stadium: go, have fun, drink and eat all you want. Have a grand old time. But sit in the bleachers.

So essentially, you agree with the guy?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Fat or skinny, people shouldn't be posting pictures publicly of anyone without their permission

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Maybe his post motivated her to lose the weight. Right or wrong idk. I've encountered many large people out and about who act like the own the place with no consideration for other people.

I know I looked in the mirror one day Didn't like the big ass guy I was getting and saw my friends And associates eating out of control and getting huge which motivated me to eat a strict and healthy diet Andi got my self a personal trainer as well as go to the gym 5 times a week. I never want to end up
like that

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Seems like you're talking about how it makes you feel...

I did say how I felt.

If I had to sit next to her at a baseball game, or on an airplane, or in a movie theater, I wouldn't be happy about it. Not at all. And I'm honest about it. I wouldn't make the decision of posting pictures of her on the Internet to shame her though, especially if I were a trainer. But as honest as I can be, I would be pissed to have to sit by her for 9+ innings.

And I don't feel bad about it, honestly. It'd be a huge inconvenience to me, and there are plenty of places inside of Busch Stadium where larger individuals have the opportunity to sit, that are a lot better than the seat that she is sitting in. There are white folding chairs virtually all around the lower level of the stadium for people to sit in. That seems like it would be a much better option for someone who has difficulty fitting in the normal sized seats, and it wouldn't make them an inconvenience to those around them.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Maybe his post motivated her to lose the weight. Right or wrong idk. I've encountered many large people out and about who act like the own the place with no consideration for other people.

I know I looked in the mirror one day Didn't like the big ass guy I was getting and saw my friends And associates eating out of control and getting huge which motivated me to eat a strict and healthy diet Andi got my self a personal trainer as well as go to the gym 5 times a week. I never want to end up
like that

We went to watch Age of Ultron Sunday and some dude who was like 6'6, 300+ came and sat in the seat directly in front of my 9 year old step-daughter, and he had his two kids on his sides. I didn't say anything, I just switched seats with her and I sat behind him. That forced the father and son behind us to have to do the same thing, and I felt terrible for the father because I had to sit higher in my seat to see over the dudes head in front of me. I literally couldn't sit comfortably. I had to poke my head up over his. Imagine what my step-daughter would have seen the entire movie? The back of his Brandon Marshall jersey, that's all. There's no way the guy behind me could see, and I felt awful.

The moral of the story is that someone knows if they're going to be an inconvenience to other people in tight quarters. Some choose to try and be considerate to those around them, and some don't care at all.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ

Ok I have a lot of problems with what you say here. I am shocked to see that some people can be so inconsiderate to others. I have a weight problem mainly because of the medications I am on. Who knows what her issue is. But to say all fat people have to sit in the bleachers is just flat of inconsiderate to others. Lets shun everyone overweight and put them way far away from the game and every one. Not cool at all.
You also say "you want to be obese" really? I don't think ANYONE wants to be that. and to sit there and say she wants to be like that is just flat out wrong.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
We went to watch Age of Ultron Sunday and some dude who was like 6'6, 300+ came and sat in the seat directly in front of my 9 year old step-daughter, and he had his two kids on his sides. I didn't say anything, I just switched seats with her and I sat behind him. That forced the father and son behind us to have to do the same thing, and I felt terrible for the father because I had to sit higher in my seat to see over the dudes head in front of me. I literally couldn't sit comfortably. I had to poke my head up over his. Imagine what my step-daughter would have seen the entire movie? The back of his Brandon Marshall jersey, that's all. There's no way the guy behind me could see, and I felt awful.
The moral of the story is that someone knows if they're going to be an inconvenience to other people in tight quarters. Some choose to try and be considerate to those around them, and some don't care at all.

im sorry us fat and tall people are such a "inconvenience" to you "normal" people. I guess we all should just never do anything. would you like that?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
im sorry us fat and tall people are such a "inconvenience" to you "normal" people. I guess we all should just never do anything. would you like that?

I think in the example he gave, it's just common courtesy to look around at your surroundings and see if you will be blocking someone's view, especially a small child. I'm tall, and I always look at the row behind me before I sit down at a theater or stadium to see if there's a kid behind me, and if I can I try to sit with an adult behind me or empty seat. That's just common courtesy. But our society is sorely lacking in it these days.

Members online

Latest posts