Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jeff Jarrett and Chael Sonnen and GFW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
He won't do it (at least I don't think so)
Even if they pay him exuberantly

Jim Ross still had WWE endeavors and opportunities he could have done (and gotten paid extremely well with limited travel) and he still refused

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
JR did call a wrestling show from Japan at the beginning of the year, which had Jarrett on there, thus why the rumor's. I'd love to hear JR back on commentary. Still the best in the biz the last 25 years.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
From the interview, it sounds like GFW is Jarrett's attempt at a do-over for what didn't happen with NWA TNA. I had originally hoped that by tying in with the NWA that TNA would be the flagship of the NWA and showcase all the best NWA talent. Instead, they started the promotion by stripping all of the NWA World titles, putting some of the worst gimmicks possible (Cheex and The Johnsons) and quickly succumbing to WCW backstage political nonsense. That inaugural show was horrible, and seemed like a real slap in the face to the NWA. But, then at the time, the NWA was completely irrelevant to 90% of wrestling fans, and they completely failed to leverage TNA's visibility to increase the awareness of the rest of the NWA promotions.

Hopefully Jarrett learns from all of that nonsense and focuses on the actual in-ring product and keeps all of those WCW cancers at arm's length.

Members online

Latest posts