Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Picked up a 90's Fleer 1/1...but is it real?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I love the attitude of ebay buyers. Buy first and ask questions later/file claim...

Seriously?

I bought what I thought was a 1/1, because that's what the auction stated. I had no knowledge that bancruptcy none of ones even existed till I opened the package, looked at the card and noticed the peculiarities. I then asked on here.

FYI, I've purchased over $100k worth of cards since I joined eBay 15 years ago. This is the first case I've opened.

Yeah, my attitude sucks.

Last edited:

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I don't know his real name, but JoshHamilton is a great guy around the boards and very knowledgeable. I don't think that in any way he did this on purpose or didn't do enough homework. We should beware of obvious fakes, but things like product sold in bankruptcy or similar, are not common knowledge. We can all do a mistake form time to time and we should be able to have confidence in these boards to help us but not judge us.

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Seriously?

I bought what I thought was a 1/1, because that's what the auction stated. I had no knowledge that bancruptcy none of ones even existed till I opened the package, looked at the card and noticed the peculiarities. I then asked on here.

FYI, I've purchased over $100k worth of cards since I joined eBay 15 years ago. This is the first case I've opened.

Yeah, my attitude sucks.

What is your proof this is not the 1/1 from the set? And I didn't say your attitude sucks you did...

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
25aqkhd.jpg

r91usx.jpg

I opened a good amount of this stuff back in the day. Checked my set as well. None of the cards are cut short, and none have a wavy cut. It looks like it came from an uncut sheet and was hand cut.

This wasn't visible in the scan. It's obvious in hand.

It was listed for $70 and I offered $50. That's a normal price for a common 90's 1/1, so it didn't seem too good to be true.

Members online