User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: wife died today. want to do some trading to get my mind of it.

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    To each his own though, I witnessed one of my good friends moms slowly die from cancer and even though he saw it coming for a couple years it wasn't the same until she actually passed away. Everyone has their own ways of handling grief, I can believe that someone whose seen this day coming for awhile might want to trade or something like that just to put a small smile on their face.

RIP and all the best to the OP and your family, take care
    If I thought he was serious, I'd be more sympathetic. But after yesterday's Hall of Shame thread he started, I smell troll. I wouldn't be so callous to a sincere individual, and if he is, I apologize. And yes, having a hobby is a good distraction for life's bleaker times, and is therapeutic for many of us, myself included.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gracecollector View Post
    If I thought he was serious, I'd be more sympathetic. But after yesterday's Hall of Shame thread he started, I smell troll. I wouldn't be so callous to a sincere individual, and if he is, I apologize. And yes, having a hobby is a good distraction for life's bleaker times, and is therapeutic for many of us, myself included.
    Had no idea about the HOS thread, and maybe it's just me being naive but I don't see a reason of why someone would lie about their spouse dying to engage in trading. Could it be perhaps that they're looking for some sympathy to get a sweeter deal? Only reason I can think of, and if that's the case then that's pretty sh**ty. I don't know the guy though, so I couldn't jump to that conclusion.

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had no idea about the HOS thread, and maybe it's just me being naive but I don't see a reason of why someone would lie about their spouse dying to engage in trading. Could it be perhaps that they're looking for some sympathy to get a sweeter deal? Only reason I can think of, and if that's the case then that's pretty sh**ty. I don't know the guy though, so I couldn't jump to that conclusion.
    No clue, but i wouldnt have posted it if i wasnt very confident in my findings.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been wathcing the OP's threads since yesterday and it is sad, but even I find it hard to believe the posts. If it is true I am truly sorry for his loss, but based on all I have been reading it is a tough pill to swallow. I really hope the OP is not making this stuff up as talking about anybody passing away of cancer is not something to take lightly. IDK, but first his motorcycle accident now this?

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping that by now that he would have responded
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    I was hoping that by now that he would have responded
    probably at school

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moxacaine View Post
    probably at school
    In all fairness if a guy's wife died, I doubt he gives a sh*t about coming on a message forum and responding to a bunch of people who don't believe him. I see why people are skeptics given his posts in the last 2 days, but if it was me and I shared my story and a bunch of people didn't believe me the last thing that would be on my mind is to go back and respond to people begging them to believe me.

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all fairness if a guy's wife died, I doubt he gives a sh*t about coming on a message forum and responding to a bunch of people who don't believe him. I see why people are skeptics given his posts in the last 2 days, but if it was me and I shared my story and a bunch of people didn't believe me the last thing that would be on my mind is to go back and respond to people begging them to believe me.
    You are too good of a person

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys. His DOB used to register his account has him under the age of 18 (without being specific), and the email address is his full name.
    I think it's safe to assume this guy did not have a wife die of cancer.

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely agree, however the facts are overwhelmingly not in his favor. I sure hope noone passed away. I'm not trying to be a dick about it but the facts are the facts. Michael and Megan (who is in fact 38) live at the address that was given for a completed trade and one of thier young kids are named Hunter.

Too many inconsistancies and with this person constantly attempting to trade we need to do what we can to protect our members.

jbhofmann
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't know....now ya know...

https://www.freedomcardboard.com/foru...framed-picture

JEBJJA29
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This dude tried to trade me his WWE "STING" autographed bat...he gave a $5000.00 value to it....he kept bugging me, and bugging me about it but I just ignored him because his demands were outrageous. As soon as I saw this thread, I looked at the coward's name and "liar troll" popped in my head....Nobody, I MEAN NOBODY would be trading baseball cards the day their "awesome wife" died to get their mind off of it. What I really like to do is contact his parents and make them read what their "perfect child" wrote because I'm sure they think he is just a perfect little boy....Beat it! Get some friends and a life kid!
    Last edited by JEBJJA; 05-28-2015 at 03:34 PM.

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe he's been banned on Cardboard Connection and Blowout as "Lou4." Posts as Lou4 include links to the photobucket that is in his profile here, the photobucket account "Loubabe4". FCB doesn't need this guy - look at his profane replies in the framed picture thread of yesterday. Troll.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moxacaine View Post
    I completely agree, however the facts are overwhelmingly not in his favor. I sure hope noone passed away. I'm not trying to be a dick about it but the facts are the facts. Michael and Megan (who is in fact 38) live at the address that was given for a completed trade and one of thier young kids are named Hunter.

Too many inconsistancies and with this person constantly attempting to trade we need to do what we can to protect our members.
    This +1

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JEBJJA View Post
    This dude tried to trade me his WWE "STING" autographed bat...he gave a $5000.00 value to it....he kept bugging me, and bugging me about it but I just ignored him because his demands were outrageous. As soon as I saw this thread, I looked at the coward's name and "liar troll" popped in my head....Nobody, I MEAN NOBODY would be trading baseball cards the day their "awesome wife" died to get their mind off of it. What I really like to do is contact his parents and make them read what their "perfect child" wrote because I'm sure they think he is just a perfect little boy....Beat it! Get some friends and a life kid!
    He gave me a $10000 value on it and $1600 on his Shaq auto plaque.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast