User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grrrrr- today's the day- USPS« TO CHANGE RATES ON MAY 31 (June 1)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good news for me.
    I mailed a few packages today and was pleasantly surprised that the tracking and delivery confirmation was free.
    I always buy it anyway, so I actually save money now, even though the cost of 1st Class shipping went up a little.

And to paraphrase Brewer Andy, still a helluva deal to send something so cheaply 5,000 miles, from Hawaii to New York.
    Last edited by Austin; 06-02-2015 at 03:43 AM.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    speaking of USPS and Paypal, i just sold a card for $225 and have been out of cards forever. do i need to apply signature confirmation for this package or not, i can't remember the sale amount that Paypal requires it for for seller protection
    Prospectors killed the hobby

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer Andy View Post
    Still a helluva bargain to send something across the country in 3 days
    That is exactly my thought!
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelcabrera View Post
    speaking of USPS and Paypal, i just sold a card for $225 and have been out of cards forever. do i need to apply signature confirmation for this package or not, i can't remember the sale amount that Paypal requires it for for seller protection
    $250 is the amount where EBAY requires a signature..

I would send it with insurance and not signature.. they have to sign for it anyway, and your card will be covered if it's lost in transit..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinbreaker View Post
    $250 is the amount where EBAY requires a signature..

I would send it with insurance and not signature.. they have to sign for it anyway, and your card will be covered if it's lost in transit..

thanks for the response

this was a non eBay transaction, does that change anything? would you still go with insurance and not signature?
    Prospectors killed the hobby

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rising prices are always annoying as a consumer, but this is still the best deal on the planet. Put anything 3oz or less into an envelope and send it anywhere in the country for just over $2, and it'll be there within 2-4 days? How is that not an amazing service?

IMO this doesn't really impact the card market much at all except maybe on the small stuff of $5 or less value. Spending an extra 11 cents per transaction certainly adds up over time, but this shouldn't really affect the sale of a $50 card, for example.

JayBruceFan32
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    And to paraphrase Brewer Andy, still a helluva deal to send something so cheaply 5,000 miles, from Hawaii to New York.
    It's still a helluva bargain to send something across town as well.

I mail stuff all the time to my son 50 miles away vs driving it there. Saves time, money and it only takes 2-3 days.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

JayBruceFan32
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by u2me57 View Post
    If I were the USPS I would stop delivering mail on Saturdays. It would save them a ton of money on gas, labor, brake pads, etc., etc. They have thought about doing this before but unfortunately it didn't get very far. Mail trucks around here look like there pushing 25 or 30 years old.
    Stop delivery on Saturday would do nothing but clog up the pipeline of mail. Some bulk USPS customers want their bulk mail delivered on Saturday for marketing reasons as well. Stopping Saturday delivery would put thousands of people in the unemployment lines.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

MaineMule
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we all agree that the service is a good deal for roughly $2. It is the repeated increases well above inflation that need to be curtailed.

I would think the USPS would be able to greatly reduce their labor force with the huge and rapid influx of on-line postage. I know unions likely play a strong role in keeping jobs and hours.

Baseball Hall-of-Fame Autograph and Vintage Ted Williams Collector

Link to MaineMule's Collection and More........

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, another tale about the new rates. I mailed a package first class insured for two hundred dollars. and I cant track it, unless I add another$ 1.05 for tracking.
    before the rate increase a insured first class up to $200 came with tracking. But now anything insured for $500 and under you have to pay more for tracking.
    So Joe [MENTION=1983]onionring9[/MENTION] the tracking info I sent you wont work. I am going back to the PO and add tracking.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    Hello, another tale about the new rates. I mailed a package first class insured for two hundred dollars. and I cant track it, unless I add another$ 1.05 for tracking.
    before the rate increase a insured first class up to $200 came with tracking. But now anything insured for $500 and under you have to pay more for tracking.
    So Joe [MENTION=1983]onionring9[/MENTION] the tracking info I sent you wont work. I am going back to the PO and add tracking.
    1) glad you guys got that done , I'm impressed w his Tek status and hope he lands the one he just missed on eBay

2) Kevin , was that at the PO or printing it online , wonder if it differs.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    1) glad you guys got that done , I'm impressed w his Tek status and hope he lands the one he just missed on eBay

2) Kevin , was that at the PO or printing it online , wonder if it differs.

Ryan
    Yes his tek cards are really cool, Ryan that's at the po they changed the insurance forms. The 200 and under insured was a blue and white. Now they just have a black and white form for 500 and under.

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    To continue with the saga they couldn't add tracking to the package. although they said try later and see if it will track. THEY JUST DONT KNOW because its new.
    I was told priority insured you can track. I'm getting a Heineken.
    Last edited by joey12508; 06-03-2015 at 01:37 PM.

arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggioBrooks755 View Post
    Well, when you are struggling as a company to make money, wouldnt you lower the prices to get people to think about buying said product?
    Not a single business administration class at High School, right?
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,326
    Mexican autographs: 129/130 and on baseballs 118/130

rockledgesportscards
     Casebusters99
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if they want to stop a day to "deliver" mail, make it Tuesday!
    all I ever get is junk mail anyway..

Most stuff I send out on Saturday, gets there by Monday,
    and if I send out on Monday, it gets there by Wednesday or Thursday..

My shipping stays the same..
    $3.00 no matter how many auctions up to 14 items, and free shipping if you win 15 or more.

and on a side note about that combining orders, since ebay & paypal are splitting, I hope ebay lets us put more than 40 items into 1 ebay invoice so buyers dont have to pay on multiple invoices and I dont have to pay paypal for the extra transaction fee!
    Check out our Baseball singles at https://www.casebusters.com

<--------Check out our Group Breaks & Vintage Set breaks on ebay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast