Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

****** ebay sellers are now trolling themselves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Exactly right. How does he know that I don't have some personal reason to be offended by the word "*********"? That's right......... he doesn't know and he doesn't care. Just like I don't care that he's offended by the word "retard". I refer back to the quote in my previous response above.

Not that I would have said anything about it, but calling a person a ********* is mean sure but it isn't founded on discrimination of a group. Using the general term retard (or gay not that that applies here) about a group of people is ignorant and classless. Brian is definitely right on this one.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Not that I would have said anything about it, but calling a person a ********* is mean sure but it isn't founded on discrimination of a group. Using the general term retard (or gay not that that applies here) about a group of people is ignorant and classless. Brian is definitely right on this one.

In your opinion he's right. What I am saying is that his life would be much happier if he didn't go around getting all huffy and puffy about stupid crap people say on a message board. It's so stupid and pointless to be offended by the words of someone you don't know. He certainly shouldn't call people one derogatory term in the process of lecturing them about how they shouldn't use another derogatory term.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010

It is sad that there are two guys defending his behavior here too. The use of "retard" in that context just drips of ignorance. Take it as a life lesson; hopefully the OP may be a little more aware in real-life situations so he doesn't say that word in front of a potential employer or new acquaintance.

And, no, me calling him out on it or using his own words back at him is not "hypocritical". Like I said, life lesson. Hopefully he knows better now. There is nothing to debate.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
It is sad that there are two guys defending his behavior here too. The use of "retard" in that context just drips of ignorance. Take it as a life lesson; hopefully the OP may be a little more aware in real-life situations so he doesn't say that word in front of a potential employer or new acquaintance.

And, no, me calling him out on it or using his own words back at him is not "hypocritical". Like I said, life lesson. Hopefully he knows better now. There is nothing to debate.

I actually never defended his use of the word, I just said that you were silly to get your feelings hurt by the words of someone you don't know. You may also want to look up "hypocritical" in the dictionary, because the bolded statement above tells me you don't have a firm grasp of its meaning.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I guess I am one as well that you hate with my Ruth Mem cards that's numbered 3/10 or 1/1 with 3 being his Jersey # but everyone knows the cards numbered to there Jersey holds more value and can be considered a 1/1 in some peoples eyes.

I actually don't mind people keyword spamming 1/1 due to serial-number matching the jersey number or being 001/500 or even #500 /500 because I think unique serial-numbers are cool and collectible. But I think I'm in the minority.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
The asterisk is gone? Dammit. I've noticed in completed auctions a few cards that I thought slipped through my saved searches.

I had auto*, should I change it to (auto, autograph)?

Depending on what I have been looking for, I've gone as far as (auto, autos, autograph, autographs, autographed, signed) with "signed" being a somewhat successful addition to the search.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
I actually never defended his use of the word, I just said that you were silly to get your feelings hurt by the words of someone you don't know. You may also want to look up "hypocritical" in the dictionary, because the bolded statement above tells me you don't have a firm grasp of its meaning.

The statement using "hypocritical" was used by someone else. That's why I put it in quotes in my post.

My "feelings are not hurt", so no need to worry. He was not calling me or my family names. I don't know him personally, of course, but that does not disqualify me from commenting and correcting the absolutely ignorant and inappropriate language he used. Nor, just because "I don't know him personally", does that make the language and behavior acceptable.

As I said before, there is nothing to debate here.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I guess I am one as well that you hate with my Ruth Mem cards that's numbered 3/10 or 1/1 with 3 being his Jersey # but everyone knows the cards numbered to there Jersey holds more value and can be considered a 1/1 in some peoples eyes.

Over on the football board road_runner_1964 has an incredible collection of cards that are numbered 264/*** (born in Feb '64), so for him that's a 1/1. I'm sure there are other guys that collect certain numbers like that, just as there are guys that collect jersey numbers, first numbers, and last numbers. Every single card is a 1/1. There's a few that are listed as 'ebay 1/1' with no obvious reason as to why. There is a LeBron that is listed as a 1/1 and the description says it's an ebay 1/1 because at the time of the listing there were no others on ebay.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Exactly right. How does he know that I don't have some personal reason to be offended by the word "*********"?

I'm in no way picking sides on this matter, just wanted to point out that you put half the word in the title so its's probably a safe bet you are not offended by it :lol: