Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alex Rodriguez could reach two major milestones this week.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Arod has 1,997 RBI and 2,991 hits.

A few days ago, Arod passed Barry Bonds for 2nd all-time in RBI, and no one noticed.
The night he did it, the MLB Network casually mentioned it during Yankees highlights about ten minutes into the show. One or two sentences about Arod trailing only Hank Aaron in career RBI. Then they dropped it like it was any other highlight.

Now Arod's just 3 RBI from 2,000 and 9 hits from 3,000. And I suspect those milestones will be ignored too because much or most of that was while he was using steroids.

I have always been a stat freak and got excited when players reached milestone numbers.
Now, the big numbers just don't mean much anymore and it makes me sad.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I posted it in the 2015 NYY season thread and got no response. Say what you will about him aint to many have better numbers. The yankee organization are hypocrites
cant stand the way they treat him. Those numbers like Bonds will be in the record books.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Its still a big deal but because of the Black eye Arod has created they are really trying to down play it.
I don't like nor dislike Arod and I personally think the Yanks should pay them that money, He has played much better this year than I thought he would.
Those two milestones are huge and should get more attention that it probably will.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Why exactly should you expect fans and the game to celebrate Rodriguez? There is zero room to deny his long term usage. Any time I am watching a game and he is at bat, I change the channel. Yankees fans, does it not feel soulless to cheer for this guy?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I just feel he has be the scapegoat while others slide. he failed a test that MLB told the players union that the results would never be made public. 103 players failed
that test. Only arod's name was leaked. Who were the other 102??

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Nope im a yankee fan that's who I cheer for. Boston fans cheer for Papi, brewer fans cheer for braun ETC. ECT.ECT. that's just the way fans are.

I hear you and fans of teams should do so, pull for their team to win. I like some teams more than others but I do not have a favorite team, so I am not beholden to any.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I just feel he has be the scapegoat while others slide. he failed a test that MLB told the players union that the results would never be made public. 103 players failed
that test. Only arod's name was leaked. Who were the other 102??

Not exactly how that played out.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think he is unfairly judged. Ortiz and Braun didn't have to go through the same amount of crap. Granted Alex brings some of it on himself but still he is demonized while others get a pass. Obviously I have a bias being a Yankee fan but why does Ortiz just get a pass?

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I think he is unfairly judged. Ortiz and Braun didn't have to go through the same amount of crap. Granted Alex brings some of it on himself but still he is demonized while others get a pass. Obviously I have a bias being a Yankee fan but why does Ortiz just get a pass?

I do not think either of those guys get a pass, unless you are talking about home fans.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I do not think either of those guys get a pass, unless you are talking about home fans.

People don't jump all over Ortiz. Maybe it's more to do with Alex's historic career. The home run, hit and RBI totals are way above Ortiz, Braun and practically anyone ever. I guess haters gonna hate though

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa

asteriskauto.JPG

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I hear you and fans of teams should do so, pull for their team to win. I like some teams more than others but I do not have a favorite team, so I am not beholden to any.

Maybe come over to the dark side;)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'll be impressed... I can't quantify what % of stats any of these guys accumulated from PEDs. I do know that other competitors of the era were doing the same and the numbers of players like Bonds . ARod , Clemens etc dwarf the other players.

Ryan

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts