Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arod 3,000 hit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
He was the only subject of the redemption card. I don't think he was named originally, but maybe he was the first guy called up in Sept, so he became the subject? Not totally sure either way.
I want that card for some reason.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Good ARod is getting his baseball.

I think it's a crock of **** though that the Yankees aren't paying Alex his owed 6 million and have worked out an arrangement for a charitable donation instead. Pay him his money a-holes.

He is working on his PR so I am sure it was a slight victory for him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
ARod reaches base 5 of 6 times and with 3 walks. Impressive game all around... Yanks need him more than he needs them I'd say.

A_Pharis

I'm glad Hample worked out a deal, and - for all of the crap he was getting - it's not like he was being completely unfair. The guy collects baseballs that he catches. It's not the most glamorous thing to do, but I'd do it in a second if I had the opportunity to have that kind of expendable income.

People made it out like he was just unrelenting (even NY-based news stations), but - if you read his blog post - he has pics detailing just what all he went through, immediately, regarding working out a deal.

Keep in mind, he gave back Trout's first HR for free. He just wanted to hand the ball back, himself. He knew what the ARod ball meant to ARod and to baseball.. think about what all it represents. Of course, if he has the opportunity to work something out for a charity, he's going to. That's what he did.

So, while all of the Yankee fans that have just always LOVVEEEDDDDD ARod [/sarcasm] were calling him every name in the book, Hample was doing the right thing. He gets a lot of undue crap about what he does, but he loves it. Now, he can just fade back out of view.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Those are cool nameplates on those bats. And yes Adam , I agree. Lots of people hating from the sidelines when if they were in the situation they may think/handle it differently than they say they would.

Ryan

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Good ARod is getting his baseball.

I think it's a crock of **** though that the Yankees aren't paying Alex his owed 6 million and have worked out an arrangement for a charitable donation instead. Pay him his money a-holes.

Pretty sure the Yankees were smart enough to put some sort of marketing clause in that contract though.I am glad the Yankees didn't get off the hook for the remainder that absurd 10 year contract though.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I'm glad Hample worked out a deal, and - for all of the crap he was getting - it's not like he was being completely unfair. The guy collects baseballs that he catches. It's not the most glamorous thing to do, but I'd do it in a second if I had the opportunity to have that kind of expendable income.

People made it out like he was just unrelenting (even NY-based news stations), but - if you read his blog post - he has pics detailing just what all he went through, immediately, regarding working out a deal.

Keep in mind, he gave back Trout's first HR for free. He just wanted to hand the ball back, himself. He knew what the ARod ball meant to ARod and to baseball.. think about what all it represents. Of course, if he has the opportunity to work something out for a charity, he's going to. That's what he did.

So, while all of the Yankee fans that have just always LOVVEEEDDDDD ARod [/sarcasm] were calling him every name in the book, Hample was doing the right thing. He gets a lot of undue crap about what he does, but he loves it. Now, he can just fade back out of view.

It's that expensive to go to some games and catch baseballs?Or is he buying them from other fans that catch them?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
It's not THAT expensive to go to games... unless you live in the barren wasteland of Central Louisiana. My wife and I are going to Houston at the end of the month to catch the Boston/Astros game.

It's not a really cheap trip.

I wish the Astros were still in the NL Central.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Pretty sure the Yankees were smart enough to put some sort of marketing clause in that contract though.I am glad the Yankees didn't get off the hook for the remainder that absurd 10 year contract though.

It's easy to claim you can't market someone when you put forth absolutely zero effort to do so.

The fans are eating this **** up. They LOVE ARod when he's playing well. They could have marketed the crap out of this, and they chose not to do so. So it's the Yankees fault they 'couldn't' market the accomplishments, not ARod's. Sans playing within the rules, Alex has lived up to his end of the bargin.

Members online

No members online now.