Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How long does it take you to pay for an auction you win?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
I sell cards on eBay. I am only selling a few cards per month and 90% of the time people pay right away. But that 10% it takes people longer, sometimes up to 2 weeks? Why is this? How long do you wait after winning an auction to pay the seller?

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
If I am bidding on a card at the last minute I will pay for it right away. If I put in a bid on an item but am away from my phone or computer while the auction ends I pay for it either that night or the next morning. I never understood why people take so long to pay, especially without contacting the seller. I deal with this a lot as well when I am selling things.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I try to instantly. I hate when I sell and buyers don't pay right away so I dont do that to sellers. With the app it seems like there is little excuse not to pay right away

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
I had two items end Friday. One card sold for 500 and the other for 370, neither have been paid for. The buyer who won the more expensive card took 2 weeks to pay last time and I had to open a case. I thought I blocked him but I guess I didn't. I wish more buyers were like you guys.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I try to pay on my phone when i get notice that i win something. Sometimes my phone reception sucks at my new job, so when i am on ebay that night i get the reminder notice that i have something to pay for and i pay that night.

What i dont like, is when we as buyers are super quick about paying, but then the seller drags their feet for more than a few days. Just this month, i paid for a card and i didnt get a seller shipped notice for a whole week. As an ebay seller myself, when someone pays, its in the mail the following morning. I dont see why others cannot do the same. Print out labels at home and you can drop it off at any blue freestanding mailbox in the area, or even the ones outside of the post office itself. No need to go inside.

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
I pay within 24 hours of winning.

When selling I ship in the same amount of time that it takes for someone to pay.

Fair is fair!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
If it's a high dollar card(which they all seem to be) or something that's rare, I may ask for the extra time. If a seller is cool with it, and I can get the chance to add something to my collection I may not see again or may get scooped up quick, then I'm all for it. Those that say they want money right away, I'll abide by their wishes. Hell...80% of the time the item is still there anyways. Imo, it could, at times, be beneficial to the seller to have a buyer already willing to pay full price.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Try to pay almost immediately. I don't think I've done it after 24 hours, ever.

Depends on what you win too. Unless you're either made of money or buy pretty cheap stuff, you have to start letting stuff go. I got tired of that so I've looked for a third option. If the seller is cool with it that is.

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
The problem I run into is when you email the buyer and they don't respond. If a buyer asks for more time that is fine. Communication is key.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I often watch an item ending and if I win, I pay instantly. If it's a "set it & forget it snipe" situation, I pay whenever I'm next on my phone... usually first thing the next morning for late-night ending auctions. I never let it go longer than 12 hours.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
It depends. Sometimes I pay right away, sometimes a day or two afterward. I do read the seller's terms and stick to them, but if they're cool with "pay within 7 days" I sometimes wait to payday. I'm not flippin anything, I don't get too worked up about these things.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
I usually pay immediately, unless there is something else from the seller that I am watching which ends later. Always within the posted time frame on the auction though.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I try to pay within 24 hours, but it's usually less than a few hours of winning. I put in my auctions to please pay within 24 hours. I doubt many people actually read the full item description where I say that, but out of the handful of items I sell each month, I might have to open a case every other month or so. I'm like the o.p. where I sell very few things each month and most of it is low-end. If you don't have the money to pay, then you shouldn't be bidding. If they don't pay within 3 days, I open a case.

Members online

Latest posts