Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Could use some opinions on this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I sell a lot of game used and autos but it's nearly always one or a few to many different customers. Extremely rarely do I make a sale consisting of 10+ to one person, let alone 85.

So while this may seem like a "pimping", it's not.

With the National coming up, I could use some extra cash and decided to put up an 85 auto and game used lot in the transaction section here on FCB.

I started with a $400 obo (no offers) which I thought was fair, but when I showed it to a dealer who does bulk, he said it was way high.

So I lowered it to $225 shipped and nothing.

The dealer I mentioned before is kind of surprised it hasn't moved since it breaks down to like 2.50 a card.

So my question to you all, what's the right price?

Here's what's in the lot1435285065317.jpg1435285095897.jpg1435285114060.jpg
1435285220977.jpg1435285244499.jpg1435285256388.jpg1435285175007.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Maybe it's just cause the transaction page isn't too busy. How about putting it on ebay?

That's my next step in a few days if no sale here

But want to get ideas and opinions first here before I do a bin/bo since I was pretty off with my initial price.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Who do you think is most likely going to buy a random lot of GU/AU? My guess is only a flipper/reseller. A collector might want 1-2 cards, maybe 5-10 at best if they are lucky or it is a good selection, but most definitely wouldn't want to keep most of what you'd get in a lot like that and when you figure you are then paying more per card you want to keep, it becomes much less attractive. Even then, maybe you'll still need to flip 1/2 of the lot or more to make it worth your while and that could be a lot of extra work for little or no profit.

Junk autos are $2 or less each, at best. Most won't sell at any frequency at a buck each. GU may be less, although there tends to be fewer junk players in GU cards. If I were buying, i'd probably be looking to get in at less than a buck a card.

Last edited:

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
The right price is always exactly what the market is willing to pay. I've seen GU cards sit unsold in dollar bins at LCSs.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Considering the market for this would be resellers I would think that they would need to get a deal. The retail sale value is probably two to three bucks a card, however if I was going to try and buy something like that I would only feel comfortable offering a buck a card tops, because I would just send most off to COMC, and at that point it would take months to get back to even and I'd have to shell out another quarter per card to just get them listed. Unfortunately, autos and game used have become so over produced that the only way to move them is to practically give them away

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
When I buy bulk common autos and GU, I usually pay $0.40-0.75 apiece. That's pretty much what the majority of bulk buyers will pay.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I don't usually buy lots like this unless I think I can flip them...too varied (by sport, by team, etc.) and too many non-Topps. Also, I often look for a few "headliner" cards, but I don't really see any here.

Anyway, good luck.

A_Pharis

To echo what has been said, a good portion of that lot would never be moved on its own so anyone looking to buy isn't going to be interested in the "per card" price on cards that are essentially worthless.
I would think $.75/card would be tops.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Not thatI was a potential buyer, but I personally didn't look twice at it because there were too many cards in the scans and I couldn't tell who/what any of the cards were.

Members online

Latest posts