Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    How is it a false equivalency?
    "Also, incest is illegal. You have no argument as to why two consenting adults should marry, so you embark on fault arguments and non sequiturs." - Hive
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson

"We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security." - Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower

"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love." – Willard Romney

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since WCTYSON can't muster the brain power to explain the logic behind denying two brothers to marry or a father & son to marry, does anyone else want to take a shot at explaining why we should deny marriage to people in love?
    For the same reason a brother and sister can't marry, even if sterile?
    HOF auto collector - I'm up to 258 different in my collection (used to have a photobucket link here, but photobucket sucks)

GO ROCKIES!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tp, do you have a non-biblical reason why two unrelated, same-sex adults shouldn't be able to marry?
    HOF auto collector - I'm up to 258 different in my collection (used to have a photobucket link here, but photobucket sucks)

GO ROCKIES!

amosrusie
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1435365414762.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	52332
    Scott

Did your favorite player ever hit 5 home runs in a doubleheader?

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Labratt21 View Post
    "Also, incest is illegal. You have no argument as to why two consenting adults should marry, so you embark on fault arguments and non sequiturs." - Hive
    Irrelevant. Sodomy and gay marriage were once illegal. Once you have applied this to redefine marriage, you have set a precedent, no?

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
    Thanks to MOFNY for finally getting me motivated to start a website:

www.supercollectorcatalog.com

Here is a link to the cameo section:

http://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/cameo-index.html

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irrelevant. Sodomy and gay marriage were once illegal. Once you have applied this to redefine marriage, you have set a precedent, no?

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
    Here's a question for you. How the f would it effect you if two brothers did wanna get married? If two adults want to do something that doesn't in any way change your life, y would u care? I never understand y some people are so concerned about how others live their life.
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since WCTYSON can't muster the brain power to explain the logic behind denying two brothers to marry or a father & son to marry, does anyone else want to take a shot at explaining why we should deny marriage to people in love?
    Its illegal, isnt it?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's perfectly logical. If you are going to redefine marriage so two men can get married by applying this:

Why do you want to deprive two brothers or a father and son the same protections as everyone else? I thought SJWs didn't discriminate? Why don't they get equal protection under the law?
    Because you're talking about incest. You don't have a valid point.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're actually correct. Some people may point to polls, but every time the gay marriage issue has been put to a popular vote, I believe it has lost every time except for once. Even Prop 8 in CA was voted down. In many states the vote wasn't even close. If the support was really as broad as gay marriage supporters claim they wouldn't have needed to resort to the Federal Government stomping on states rights.

AL - 81%
    AR - 75%
    AK - 68%
    AZ - 56%
    CA - 52%
    CO - 56%
    ID - 63%
    FL - 62%
    KS - 70%
    KY - 75%
    LA - 78%
    MI - 59%
    MO - 72%
    MS - 86%
    MT - 67%
    NC - 61%
    NE - 70%
    NV - 69%
    OH - 62%
    OK - 76%
    OR - 57%
    SC - 78%
    SD - 52%
    TN - 81%
    TX - 76%
    UT - 66%
    VA - 57%
    WI - 59%

I did seem to remember the proposal constantly being struck down state by state. It would definitely be struck down here in Georgia and I would be voting against it. I do think that it should be voted for by the people statewide verses the federal government however . Unfortunately, as a whole, there does seem to be more people who are OK with gay marriage upon further investigation. Still SAD<SAD<SAD.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you must have had a problem with redefining marriage to let different races marry.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Bombjack View Post
    Tp, do you have a non-biblical reason why two unrelated, same-sex adults shouldn't be able to marry?
    Fair question. Off the top of my head.

-Look at the all the damage done to people who support traditional marriage. Lack of freedom of expression, association and individual conscience. I think it is only going to get worse and many people will be targeted for their religious beliefs. Lost jobs, businesses shuttered, etc. This is a good example.
    -There is very little difference between forcing a baker/florist/photographer to participate in a gay wedding and a pastor/priest/rabbi to officiate one
    -No other social issue is more divisive for the country and we were already very divided. Compare where we were as a country to where we are now, then extrapolate where we are going and it does not bode well for the future of this country.
    -The next target is religious institutions. They will be required to perform marriages or lose 501(c) status.
    -A much larger percent of gay marriages are "open marriage" in order to allow sex with additional partners. This cheapens and weakens the institution of marriage as it is simply a contract between genitals rather than a family unit to raise moral, upstanding children
    -If you don't procreate the species will die, same sex couples cannot procreate
    -Making it easier for gay couples to adopt will mean more situations like this
    -My assumption is that companies will remove Partner Benefits and force people to get married for the benefits that really won't want to get married, meaning more divorces and all its negative effects and an overall increase in marital instability.
    -There is nothing in the Constitution that mentions marriage and the convoluted logic they used is a horrible precedence.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This debate over same sex marriage has pushed it's way to the front in recent years, where before in recent decades we continued to hear largely the same arguments from opponents and proponents. As public opinion started to move toward the favor of proponents, opponents pushed towards state constitutional amendments. This is when it gets interesting because by doing so, it takes the debate out of the public forum and shuts down the usual legislative process. This is when the SCOTUS has to lay down a pimp slap and they did.

With Liberty and Justice for All.
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennesawsportscards View Post
    I did seem to remember the proposal constantly being struck down state by state. It would definitely be struck down here in Georgia and I would be voting against it. I do think that it should be voted for by the people statewide verses the federal government however . Unfortunately, as a whole, there does seem to be more people who are OK with gay marriage upon further investigation. Still SAD<SAD<SAD.
    Do you think the majority should be able to vote on how the minority gets to live their lives?

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Here's a question for you. How the f would it effect you if two brothers did wanna get married? If two adults want to do something that doesn't in any way change your life, y would u care? I never understand y some people are so concerned about how others live their life.
    I know and as long as a brother and sister used protection so they wouldn't get pregnant, I don't see the problem. Heck, even if they get pregnant you just abort. Why do so many people want to discriminate against people that are in love?

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast