Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Estate Sale Finds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Went to an estate sale yesterday before the festivities and brought home some cards.

The sale sounds like it was an old card shop. Not sure when it closed but I got cards as new as 2014. It was definitely a shop I had never heard of though and I have been to most in the area.

Anyways I guess the owner passed away and a close friend/family member has been putting this together and had all of the cards in 200 banana boxes. We weren't allowed to go through individual cards just for time and space but he had a spreadsheet of what sets the boxes had and you could get a general idea by opening the boxes.

I ended up taking home 8 boxes with sets I knew I could use and I saw inserts/parallels/Autos etc so I felt pretty good about what I got. Each box was $40 each.

I've made one quick run through it and pulled about a 1 row box of "nicer" stuff and there are 2 full binders full of first day issues/Press Proofs/Starburst etc that I haven't had a chance to look at yet.

Here are a few highlights so far.

Attachments

• Pudge.jpg
    Pudge.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Johnson.jpg
    Johnson.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Maddux.jpg
    Maddux.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Rivera.jpg
    Rivera.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 112
  • Ramirez.jpg
    Ramirez.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Canseco.jpg
    Canseco.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 113

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Here is an idea of the amount of cards. And remember there were 200+ of these in the house

Attachments

• Banana.jpg
    Banana.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 114

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
That'll be a lot to go through but I'm sure it'll be fun too. Keep me in mind should you find any Brady Andersons hiding in there.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Good Luck! I made a nice estate sale purchase 2 months ago. Not like yours where you couldn't go through it, so I hand picked some stuff I felt I would do good with. I paid $31 and I sold one item for $189.95 and just listed the 2nd of the same set. I had no idea about this particular set as the guys collection was all 80s & 90s stuff. I though it was a re-print of a 1970 set, but they turned out to be original.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
A lot of nice cards and I am still digging. One notable is a 2001 Archives Dave Concepcion Auto which looks to pay for a box :)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Great news J!

Why are there never deals like these around me? My guess is a very heavy saturation of collectors...

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
A few more finds.

2 of the Griffy and there were other players as well but I didn't pull them out yet

Must have hit a stadium club jackpot with all these /25. Even though they aren't stars

Attachments

• Concepcion.jpg
    Concepcion.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Griffey.jpg
    Griffey.jpg
    582.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Olerud.jpg
    Olerud.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 68
  • Beltran.jpg
    Beltran.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Ventura.jpg
    Ventura.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Pujols.jpg
    Pujols.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • Glavine.jpg
    Glavine.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 69

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wow sweet. Some of those SC 1st Day Chrome Ref /25s are tough. I gladly ponied up $25 for my Cirillo when I finally found one. I'm on mobile otherwise I'd tag our Olerud collector

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I love the Feller! Nice find Jared, was it close to us?

I'm not sure where the guy that is selling the collection lives but the estate sale was in Tacoma on the 4th of July

He is supposed to be having another one with the remainder of what was left plus a little more that he didn't get ready in time. I will probably have to go again even though I think I got what I wanted

Members online

Latest posts