User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $34 for popcorn hot dog and water???????

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$34 for popcorn hot dog and water???????

So movie theaters wonder why $5 bootleg movies are so popular?

For $34 I got
    2 popcorn
    1 hot dog
    3 bottles of water ($4.50 each!!)

Now add that to the $32 for three tickets and $3 to park for a whopping $69 for a minions movie which was shockingly not funny.

What really irks me though is that food bill.

I know what movie tickets cost and popcorn but that water bottle price is ducking ridiculous in every way (always bring drinks in, couldn't find a store near by this time).

And ironically, it's almost exactly a year to the day that I last went to that Nathan's hot dog restaurant which I posted about.

Just like that Nathan's, I'm adding this movie theater to my "no go to" list.

Oh and as an extra bonus, there's a water vending machine in the theater for $5 a bottle (because $4.50 is just not enough).
    Last edited by BBCgalaxee; 07-19-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local flea market, 5 movies for $10. Quality isn't as good BUT I gotta save the money to buy cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why anyone would go to a movie is beyond me. There are great movies on the Hallmark Channel. Watch on your big screen.....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    \movietube

juangris311
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love seeing movies at the theater but only go if the ticket is $5 or less. I don't buy food or drink there unless I brought my top hat and monocle.
    Always Looking For Adam Dunn Autograph Cards, 1/1's And Game Used Bats!

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too rich for my taste.
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We only go to the cinema for blockbuster superhero movies. Which is maybe once or twice a year.

And when we do go, we go to WalMart of Dollar General and buy cheap snacks there. Because you can get the same snacks at those stores for literally one dollar, that you can purchase at the concession for quadruple the price.

We'll normally buy one large drink to share that'll get us through the entire movie, and a popcorn, and that's only because my wife loves theater popcorn, so the damage isn't too bad for our trips, considering.

But to buy hot dogs, nachos, pretzels, candy, slushie's, and all that other insanely marked up nonsense at a movie theater is retarded. We usually go out to eat before or after we go see a movie anyway, so why would we waste the money there in the first place?

So my advice, sneak snacks in. Buy a drink. And if you're just drinking bottled water, take that too. Because it's stupid to buy bottled water for nearly $5.00 a bottle.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love going to the movies and really dont care about paying for it. My theatre now has leather recliners with electronic controls and the bigger screens. I pay for the quality of the experience but of course it has to be a movie i want to see...
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

JEBJJA29
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My United Artist Theater has $5 movies until 6:00 on Tuesday so if I want to see something (which is rare) me and my wife take the day off and of course we get a paid vacation day. We bring water in and snacks. We also don't have to pay to park which I never heard of. So $10 and then we go to lunch after before the kids get home from school. Of course I hit Target and Walmart after to see what cards they got in stock....But one of my co-workers gets bootlegs while they are in the theater and let me tell you- they are CLEAR! Sometimes they have a Japanese subtitle across the screen but you don't see it much. I am his boss so he let's me view them for free and in turn I let him make a few bucks around work. This has been going on for ten years.

olerud363
     @olerud363
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We take the kids a couple of times a year and always buy the passes from Costco. I think they're $10.99 each and include the movie, popcorn, drink, and M&M's. (Basically it works out that the snacks are free.) Great for little kids while they're young enough, I think 12 and under.

We buy the adult passes at Costco too. Two adult movie tickets, two drinks, and a large popcorn for $24.99.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.
    Collecting John Olerud cards and memorabilia.
    My hobby website: www.cardboardcorner.weebly.com

Thanks to JBel4331 for the awesome custom signature and avatar!

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I even opened it, how did I know this was an [MENTION=6581]BBCgalaxee[/MENTION] thread? Haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first mistake was paying ANYTHING to watch those walking lemon tic-tacs yell gibberish at each other for 2 hours... I don't know how the minions became a thing but man did they get real old real fast

That being said - I feel ya. Took my daughter to go see Inside Out and dropped over $35 for tickets, popcorn, and a bottle of water. Over the last 10 years I've grown to have NO issue with bootlegs. Hollywood keeps spending more and more to give us less entertainment, and then pushes the costs of their irresponsible decisions onto us.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Before I even opened it, how did I know this was an @BBCgalaxee thread? Haha
    Because it's about food.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Before I even opened it, how did I know this was an [MENTION=6581]BBCgalaxee[/MENTION] thread? Haha
    I'm heavy.
    I post about food.
    I admit it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBCgalaxee View Post
    I'm heavy.
    I post about food.
    I admit it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Hey I wasn't the one calling you out about food postings that was hive, I was just saying before opening your thread I could tell it was yours

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast