Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Barry Colla Collection RARE PROMO ORDER CARD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Also this looks like they were going to release a Canseco set in 1992...???

Ryan

The scan of the back that Gwynn posted is exactly what the Nolan Ryan and Bagwell promo's from 92 have and I assume every other player listed had but the Canseco has never been seen. He did not have a set in 1992 for whatever reason. also for the 92 colla AS game set [MENTION=2322]jeffv96masters[/MENTION] has confirmed that they were complete sets and that he has at least one complete set of them.

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The scan of the back that Gwynn posted is exactly what the Nolan Ryan and Bagwell promo's from 92 have and I assume every other player listed had but the Canseco has never been seen. He did not have a set in 1992 for whatever reason. also for the 92 colla AS game set @jeffv96masters has confirmed that they were complete sets and that he has at least one complete set of them.

I gotta say that even though you don't collect Canseco anymore, I'm glad that you are still around letting us know your knowledge on his cards!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The scan of the back that Gwynn posted is exactly what the Nolan Ryan and Bagwell promo's from 92 have and I assume every other player listed had but the Canseco has never been seen. He did not have a set in 1992 for whatever reason. also for the 92 colla AS game set [MENTION=2322]jeffv96masters[/MENTION] has confirmed that they were complete sets and that he has at least one complete set of them.

You're stating full Promo Sets of the AS Game were made? I believe it had been asked on here a few years ago if pics could be provided and I've never seen confirmation. So until then I'm not sure how to know if that is correct. The Guzman is the only thing I have seen and is labeled as Promo AS Checklist. I'd love to see any other player but I am not sure they do exist.
[MENTION=10872]dstrawberryfan39[/MENTION] , the AS set was a mix of players (see the back of the CL). Not a set themed around 1 player

I'm also curious what stopped the JC set from being produced since they seem to have been in process of making a set based on the CL.

Ryan

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
You're stating full Promo Sets of the AS Game were made? I believe it had been asked on here a few years ago if pics could be provided and I've never seen confirmation. So until then I'm not sure how to know if that is correct. The Guzman is the only thing I have seen and is labeled as Promo AS Checklist. I'd love to see any other player but I am not sure they do exist.
@dstrawberryfan39 , the AS set was a mix of players (see the back of the CL). Not a set themed around 1 player

I'm also curious what stopped the JC set from being produced since they seem to have been in process of making a set based on the CL.

Ryan

I cannot confirm with photo's but the member I was referring to said he could. The story from him was the set or sets he had were in CT. and he lives somewhere else now so he had said that if/when he went back to CT he would try to dig them out and take pictures. I told him my offer would stand on the Canseco that I wanted it if he were to break a set.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I gotta say that even though you don't collect Canseco anymore, I'm glad that you are still around letting us know your knowledge on his cards!

If that colla promo was the 92 I would have bought it since it was one of the two unicorns from that year that have never been seen.. It would be cool to own them take scans then move them on. Just to say I owned them at one point would be good enough for me!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
[MENTION=5840]gpenko826[/MENTION] , I know it's a big ask , but if there is any chance you'd be able to contact the buyers of the Clark and Canseco to see if they would send you pics of the back , that would be great. Then possibly show us? Again , I know it may be a big ask, but thought I'd throw it out there

Thx
Ryan

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
[MENTION=5840]gpenko826[/MENTION] , I know it's a big ask , but if there is any chance you'd be able to contact the buyers of the Clark and Canseco to see if they would send you pics of the back , that would be great. Then possibly show us? Again , I know it may be a big ask, but thought I'd throw it out there

Thx
Ryan

YO ryan [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] check your PM'S