Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Barry Colla Collection RARE PROMO ORDER CARD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Sweet! Never seen one before.

You dont have this one?

1992%20Colla%20Promos%202.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
The Canseco promo is supposed to be from 1992.. the one he listed is the first card from the 1990 set and there isn't a promo for that year so I asked for a scan of the back and got no answer.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
The Canseco promo is supposed to be from 1992.. the one he listed is the first card from the 1990 set and there isn't a promo for that year so I asked for a scan of the back and got no answer.

I didn't scan the back because it sold shortly after you asked about it. Sorry!

Greg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I didn't scan the back because it sold shortly after you asked about it. Sorry!

Greg

Ya I had asked about the Clark too but I shoulda just pulled the trigger. I have 2 of them but each has a different # to call on the back so I was wondering what this one had as a #. The ones I have have specific stores numbers put over the basic number.

Ryan

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
Ya I had asked about the Clark too but I shoulda just pulled the trigger. I have 2 of them but each has a different # to call on the back so I was wondering what this one had as a #. The ones I have have specific stores numbers put over the basic number.

Ryan

These things sold a LOT faster than I thought... I probably undersold them, but I'm still happy given what I paid. It's amazing that as much as I've bought over the years and as much as I've seen, I STILL come across previously unknown cards. Part of the reason why I love this hobby :)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
These things sold a LOT faster than I thought... I probably undersold them, but I'm still happy given what I paid. It's amazing that as much as I've bought over the years and as much as I've seen, I STILL come across previously unknown cards. Part of the reason why I love this hobby :)

Yeah absolutely . I've seen so many old "new" things in the last 1-2 years. It def keeps it interesting.

Ryan

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012

I just went upstairs to compare mine with what was listed on Ebay and they look identical on the front.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I just went upstairs to compare mine with what was listed on Ebay and they look identical on the front.

The back of the card would be where the difference is.. instead of stats it would have promo information on it where to buy etc. but like I said the promo is supposed to be from 1992 which they never released a Canseco set in that year. I would have to assume the Canseco promo would look like the Bagwell shown above with the Colla stamp on front not just a "Broder" looking card. It was one of the few old unicorns I still had left on my list that I'd never seen or heard of despite seeing the back of the Nolan and Bagwell with the checklist of players on it as proof it did exist or was planned to.

many years ago a member on here put me in touch directly with Barry Colla and he couldn't even give me any info on it.. He told me he had copies of most of the cards he printed but that wasn't one of them. I also asked about the All Star Game promo thats been claimed by checklists for years and I guess promo sets were given out but its another unicorn of which I don't ever remember seeing a single copy of.

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The back of the card would be where the difference is.. instead of stats it would have promo information on it where to buy etc. but like I said the promo is supposed to be from 1992 which they never released a Canseco set in that year. I would have to assume the Canseco promo would look like the Bagwell shown above with the Colla stamp on front not just a "Broder" looking card. It was one of the few old unicorns I still had left on my list that I'd never seen or heard of despite seeing the back of the Nolan and Bagwell with the checklist of players on it as proof it did exist or was planned to.

many years ago a member on here put me in touch directly with Barry Colla and he couldn't even give me any info on it.. He told me he had copies of most of the cards he printed but that wasn't one of them. I also asked about the All Star Game promo thats been claimed by checklists for years and I guess promo sets were given out but its another unicorn of which I don't ever remember seeing a single copy of.

My copy looks exactly like what he had online, so no logo or anything on the front. On the back, it has a phone number and such as to where you can order from, or similar. I assumed I got it from you, but I guess not! The all star promo one is something I'd love to have, but not sure if it exists.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here is what I can add

I have 2 Clark 1990 Promos , as you can see on the back , one has a custom type phone number/store that was added on top of the other number. Not sure if the store did it or if Colla did it for stores who carried their items. I am curious if more variations exist.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438915207.322446.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438915225.281910.jpg

I also have these Promos , if anyone needs lmk.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438915326.040492.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438915347.421040.jpg

Then for this AS set
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438915376.266956.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438915390.001873.jpg
This is the Promo for that set , I do not believe any other players exist w a Promo. I do have a 2nd copy I may list soon
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438915439.605897.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438915457.665937.jpg

Ryan

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Notice there is no Ozzie Smith listed on the above card. I believe he was a late add on and I also believe he does not have a promo card despite what the checklists may say.

Members online