User Tag List

Thread: A+G Question

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A+G Question

I have a question for the A+G fans out there, has there ever been Chess Champion autos?

Not something like this
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3218153...lpid=82&chn=ps

but actual players (Carlsen,Kasparov,Kramnik etc)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy made Deep Blue, the computer chess player. Does that count?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438816326.363383.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	53350
    Have 15 minutes to kill? Check out my site...IUjapander Cards

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be cool if they had more champions of significant sports/games like they used to. I'm not completely tuned into A&G autographs but it seems like it's been a while since they had a Roger Federer or Michael Phelps level auto. They've had more air guitar players and hot dog chuggers. Kasparaov (dual with a Bobby Fischer cut?) would be great, and I don't care, I'd still like to have a Lance Armstrong auto. And yes, I'm aware Rocky Balboa was a 19-time heavyweight champ, but he doesn't count.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=5741]IUjapander[/MENTION]

Cool card, thanks. I'm still unsure of the outcome of that second match. It would have been hilarious is Karpov was the one that backroom cheated Kasparov IBM disposed of the evidence so fast that it makes them look rather guilty.
    [MENTION=2077]smapdi[/MENTION]

I agree, I would get into A+G if there were more universal games/sports. As for a Kasparov/Fischer dual, I wouldn't be surprised if it went for 25k++. The rarity of a good Fischer auto plus a large pool of people who would want it should make the card the products top seller.

A champion like Max Euwe (1930s) should have a ton of autos out there considering he played 5+ decades and was World Chess president for nearly a decade as well.