Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay buyer idiocy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
She may have. I realize my response sounded rude and for that I do apologize.

I'm kinda ticked off because I have been having a rash of sellers sending me cards that are not properly protected. Cracked slabs, cracked snap cases that break and tear the card all up, you name it. Bad thing is it's happening to cards I can't exactly just hop on eBay and repurchase. Even if I got my money back, who knows when another pops up.

I understand how you feel - I've gotten a few slabs where they were just sent in a bubble envelope and surprisingly survived the trip. I always use two padded envelopes and not two graded card sleeves.

My thread was mostly for the lack of proper etiquette of the buyer, but at least now it's been resolved. Thanks. :)

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
i always used a single bubble mailer. I guess the post office I use is good with handling. With higher end slabs I use small flat rate or a 000 in a bent in half 00 envelope pretty tough to damage a slab that way

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
i always used a single bubble mailer. I guess the post office I use is good with handling. With higher end slabs I use small flat rate or a 000 in a bent in half 00 envelope pretty tough to damage a slab that way

i used to put slabs into bubble bags and then into a single bubble mailer, but changed when I started having slabs getting damaged in transit. Besides putting cardboard into every single mailer, there isn't really a foolproof way to ship slabs for 100% safety.

Members online