Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DUGOUT FIGHT! Papelbon vs. Harper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
1. Pop up was barely behind 2nd base. Even if it drops he's on first without a chance at 2nd.
2. See 1.
3. Repeat.

This is the same Harper that was beaned for going too hard/stealing too many bases arrogantly?
Same guy that runs full speed into walls to try and catch balls?

Just checking.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
No dog in the fight.

If Harper sprints it like his hair is on fire how many people would accuse him of hotdogging???

What percent of MLBers "sprint" out a single to RF?

The "he doesn't play the game the right way" thing is mythology. If the vast majority of players sprinted everything out, we wouldn't have outliers like Rose. His style of play sticks out because the vast majority have never played that way. It's a fantasy.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
1. Pop up was barely behind 2nd base. Even if it drops he's on first without a chance at 2nd.
2. See 1.
3. Repeat.

This is the same Harper that was beaned for going too hard/stealing too many bases arrogantly?

Just checking.

If anyone's going to talk to Harper about it wouldn't you think it'd be the manager and not Papelbon: the new kid on the block?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If anyone's going to talk to Harper about it wouldn't you think it'd be the manager and not Papelbon: the new kid on the block?

Right.

However, when you are a borderline psychopath like Papelbon, logic takes a backseat.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
2. See 1.
3. Repeat.

Just checking.

True, but the ball could have bounced away from the fielder. I've seen guys turn popups in front of home plate into doubles, so that is why I'm saying that you just don't know what can happen.

But I guess I figured out why Papelbon got into Harper - Harper ripped him to the press. You just don't do that.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
True, but the ball could have bounced away from the fielder. I've seen guys turn popups in front of home plate into doubles, so that is why I'm saying that you just don't know what can happen.

But I guess I figured out why Papelbon got into Harper - Harper ripped him to the press. You just don't do that.

Papelbon threw at a guys head. You just don't do that.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana

You're certainly right, but that percentage is so minuscule that I'd fathom a torn hamstring would have better odds.

You wanna know who is the SLOWEST down to first in all of baseball?

Mr. "Play the Right Way" McCann.

I'd urge everyone to read this--
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-much-does-bryce-harper-actually-hustle--quite-a-lot-195153539.html

It really shows the lunacy in Papelboner's thought process.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Back when I played in high school, if I started out of the box like Harper did on that pop fly, the coach would likely pull me from the game and have me spend the next few innings doing pushups.

Last edited:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
You're certainly right, but that percentage is so minuscule that I'd fathom a torn hamstring would have better odds.

You wanna know who is the SLOWEST down to first in all of baseball?

Mr. "Play the Right Way" McCann.

I'd urge everyone to read this--
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-much-does-bryce-harper-actually-hustle--quite-a-lot-195153539.html

It really shows the lunacy in Papelboner's thought process.

What do you suppose Pap is doing on his 4-day vacation?

It would have been nice had Harper slugged him in the nose. I bet he's really pissed off still.

I imagine the whole team thinks Pap belongs in a mental hospital.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
Back when I played in high school, if I started out of the box like Harper did on that pop fly, the coach would likely pull me from the game and have me spend the next few innings doing pushups.

Not if you hit the ball like Bryce Harper...

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm not a Harper fan or a hater but the dude has played is heart out all year. He's the only bright spot the Nats really have after a disappointing season. If Harper had just slammed his bat and walked straight into the dugout I think the whole team should keep their mouths shut. Paps of all people should just leave him alone after all it the collapse started when that ahole went to Washington

Members online