User Tag List

Thread: Sets that used different patches from same uniform, know any?

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sets that used different patches from same uniform, know any?

I thought it was pretty cool that 2005 Donruss Timeless Treasures used and identified 4 different patches (plus basic jersey) for this card, so I tracked down the different versions. Are there other sets you can think of or show examples of that used swatches from different patches on the same uniform, and identified the patches on the card?

The Sean Casey card below used a Team Logo Patch (#/50), Jersey Number Patch (#/30), Nameplate Letter Patch (#/25), and All-Star Game Patch (#/15). Wasn't it nice when card companies cared, and showed photos on back of the actual jersey the swatches came from, identified the patches, and gave the year the jersey was worn?

Last edited by gracecollector; 10-26-2018 at 01:43 PM.

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those days are long behind us, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the recent higher-end releases from Topps have MLB authenticated holograms for relic cards. I have these in my PC. Swatch of Masahiro Tanaka game used jersey TB vs NYY 7/04/15. Original Hologram# HZ877079

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madbull34 View Post
    Some of the recent higher-end releases from Topps have MLB authenticated holograms for relic cards. I have these in my PC. Swatch of Masahiro Tanaka game used jersey TB vs NYY 7/04/15. Original Hologram# HZ877079
    Middle end releases too (Strata). Clearly Authentic relics seem to use the same thing as your Tanaka - the original item has a hologram and then topps cuts it up and MLB authentic issues topps their own holograms to add to all the pieces that reference the hologram ID of the original game used piece.