Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever heard of these? 1989 Kiscom Baseball Badgets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Yet again, another obscure oddball issue has surfaced on eBay. No set size is indicated. The back of the package seems to indicate all 26 teams were covered, but these are the first I've ever seen.

1989KiscomBaseballBadges.jpg
1989KiscomBaseballBadgesb.jpg

The seller who has them has the following players for sale: Wade Boggs, Mike Greenwell, Dave Winfield. He apparently already sold a Don Mattingly. Tim Peichel also lists a Darryl Strawberry over at SuperCollectorCatalog.com. Here is the open Strawberry badget I found in someone's photobucket:
1989KiscomBaseballBadgetopen.jpg

Last edited:

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Yet again, another obscure oddball issue has surfaced on eBay. No set size is indicated. The back of the package seems to indicate all 26 teams were covered, but these are the first I've ever seen.

1989KiscomBaseballBadges.jpg
1989KiscomBaseballBadgesb.jpg

The seller who has them has the following players for sale: Wade Boggs, Mike Greenwell, Dave Winfield. He apparently already sold a Don Mattingly. Tim Piechel also lists a Darryl Strawberry over at SuperCollectorCatalog.com. Here is the open Strawberry badget I found in someone's photobucket:
1989KiscomBaseballBadgetopen.jpg

Funny, that's my pic. I have been searching for these for 2-3 years. Very, very rare.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
This is what I know exists. The card has a blank back and is pretty low quality.

PLAYERYearDESCRIPTION
BOGGS,WADE1989Kiscom Baseball Badget Package (card and flip-open medal)
GOODEN,DWIGHT1989Kiscom Baseball Badget Package (card and flip-open medal)
GREENWELL,MIKE1989Kiscom Baseball Badget Package (card and flip-open medal)
MATTINGLY,DON1989Kiscom Baseball Badget Package (card and flip-open medal)
STRAWBERRY,DARRYL1989Kiscom Baseball Badget Package (card and flip-open medal)
WINFIELD,DAVE1989Kiscom Baseball Badget Package (card and flip-open medal)
AA-All Items

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Are they $20-25 rare though? Never seen them, but would probably pick up a Dodger for a reasonable price if I saw one for sale. Other than apparently being more scarce, they remind me of a fancier version of the Score pin/card packages that sold later, which were not a hit.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Are they $20-25 rare though? Never seen them, but would probably pick up a Dodger for a reasonable price if I saw one for sale. Other than apparently being more scarce, they remind me of a fancier version of the Score pin/card packages that sold later, which were not a hit.

Hard to say. Are the 1998 Topps SportzCubz any rarer? They go for some silly prices. The big difference is that they are on official checklists.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I remember seeing these at Kmart in 1990 or 1991. I found it odd that the back of the pack said 1989. I don't remember who they had or how many, but that was the only time I ever saw em. They were discounted to $1.99 or something like that.