Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A quick reminder of what WWE used to be

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
My favorite wrestling moment ever.

To me, everything story wise about wrestling which can be perfect IS perfect in this 3 minute clip

Triple H vs. The Rock - WWE Championship Match: B…: http://youtu.be/sYF6r22UjKU

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
There's really four era's to WWF. The grapple/bizzar pre 1980, the cartoon 1980-1996, the attitude late 1996-2002 and the stale PG rated 2002-present day. Each era had its good and bad. The attitude era put the WWF back into the mainstream as it was almost out of business in 1995. ECW helped the WWF attitude era along with their cross over promoting. WCW killed itself with the very same thing that made it the better brand, nWo.

Fordman
Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
My greatest memory of the WWE/F is still the steel cage match between mankind and undertaker.

Some of the most unreal bumps I've ever seen and I still cant believe those two walked away from that not more injured.

Watching the story of that and realizing Foley's family was there made it even more interesting.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Born in 82, and some of my first memories altogether are of watching the WWF.

I remember being 5 years old and watching Hogan and Andre on Piper's Pit.

I was hooked from the start, and I've never looked back. I've never been ashamed of my fandom either.

I was lucky enough to grow up watching (and actually being able to remember) the 'Golden Era' with Hogan, Piper, Savage and Andre. And I really hit the jackpot because the Attitude Era started when I was in Junior High school, and lasted basically until I was out of High School. I say hit the jackpot because being a wrestling fan can be a tricky thing for some people. They may be embarrassed about it and not want their friends to know because it wasn't a 'cool' thing to do, but at my small High School EVERYONE was a wrestling fan. I can remember Austin, Goldberg and DDP being the favorites of most people. The Rock and DX were wildly popular with my classmates as well.

Then we had the bloody Ruthless Agression Era happen, and Cenamania started running wild.

And no we have the PG Era.

So now, I'm 33 years old, married, have a nearly two year old daughter of my own, and a 9 year old step-daughter who's favorite wrestler since she was 5 and started watching has been Kane. She's the only one I know who refers to The Undertaker as 'Kane's brother'. That's how she knows him, and that's how she'll always know him. Just as some random dude who pops in and out a few times a year, while Kane has been a constant since she has been watching. We go to live events as a family, and it's great.

I'm a lifer.

Even though I'm on my first ever WWE boycott right now.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
My greatest memory of the WWE/F is still the steel cage match between mankind and undertaker.

Some of the most unreal bumps I've ever seen and I still cant believe those two walked away from that not more injured.

Watching the story of that and realizing Foley's family was there made it even more interesting.

The Hell in a Cell? That was legendary. The match that made me start liking Foley so much

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I wouldn't lump '85-'96 together. I'd got '85-'91 and then '92-'96, since the mid 80's to 90/91 was white hot and after that it tapered off, since there were so many defections / deaths / retirements. '92-'96 was as awful as it is today.

Latest posts