Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starlin Castro to Yankees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I love this trade. Even with Castro having a "down year", his numbers were still better than the Yankees 2nd base platoon. Plus, I think coming to NY, he'll be re-invigorated and have a great year. Even though to me, a .265/11/69 slash isn't all that horrible for a skinny shortstop. I liked Warren, but he won't be that difficult to replace. And I'm super happy Ryan is gone. I had an irrational hatted towards him. Good riddance sir.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I love this trade. Even with Castro having a "down year", his numbers were still better than the Yankees 2nd base platoon. Plus, I think coming to NY, he'll be re-invigorated and have a great year. Even though to me, a .265/11/69 slash isn't all that horrible for a skinny shortstop. I liked Warren, but he won't be that difficult to replace. And I'm super happy Ryan is gone. I had an irrational hatted towards him. Good riddance sir.

I think pitching is a much bigger need than a 2B, CC is done, Tanaka is a question as is Evoldi.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I think pitching is a much bigger need than a 2B, CC is done, Tanaka is a question as is Evoldi.

I think Evoldi will be ok, and Tanaka, we'll see. I haven't heard anything bad about him though. We have Severino for a full year though, and I think Pineda and Nova will have bounce back years. Maybe even CC. He pitched better after getting that new knee brace

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I can't believe Castro is only 25. Seems like he's been around forever. 9 hits shy from 1,000 at that age is impressive, although his stats have really tailed off since his first couple of years and he hardly steals anymore.

Members online