Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FS FS: Football Hall of Fame metallic card set Tough to find!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have for sale a unique and limited collectible that is brought to us by the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. First, a little background.

Back in the day my dad was a huge football card collector and when he saw the Hall of Fame offering this card set he had to have it. This set was sold in small "sets" at the time and if memory serves me correctly, they would offer a new set every month of every three months. The set, printed on heavy metal stock (yes, I said metal) would be sold for $20.00 per "small" set. These small sets would be sold in these timed increments until the Hall of Fame caught up to the current crop of new members and after that they would only offer a new set every year to keep master sets current. My dad had to have this set and I eventually started it for him as a Christmas present many years ago. He kept it current through the 1999 induction year and got sick not long after that and never continued to keep his master set up to date. Dad eventually passed away and left me to continue this set.

I had always intended to update the set and keep it for my children but time, space limitations as well as indifference by my children have now caused me to re-think keeping this set. At this point I would like to find a good home for this set in hopes someone would catch it up to the current crop of inductees and hopefully pass this down to the next generation.

Now for the details.

This set, as mentioned is printed in black ink on heavy silver metal stock. I do remember when we purchased this set one of the selling points was that the ink was etched or somehow put on the metal stock so that it would never come off and as of today, it never has. These sets were limited to only 2000 sets and the small sets you need to keep this up to date are still available at the hall of fame....many of the sets are available for less than the issue price.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hall-of-fame-metallic-card-collector-series-set-22/cc188931r3619/

My pictures do not do this set justice but I will post them here. Each of these cards has been in a top loader since the day it was received and are in the same shape as they were issued my the hall of fame. Obviously, being a very heavy metal the corners and edges are sharp (literally) and you will find no scratches on any of these cards. I have always wondered what PSA would do with these and a quick Ebay search shows that they do grade them.

A set of cards 120 cards recently sold on Ebay for $199. This set I am selling has 206 cards and I would like to get $299.00 or best offer for it. I will also include the original binder, and certificate from the Hall of Fame that my dad received at the start of this set. Please do a Google search on "football hall of fame metallic cards" and look at the images that appear as, like I said, my photos do not do it justice.

Please let me know if you have interest or questions. And no, I do not want to break the set up and sell singles. I would rather keep it intact. Thank you so much for looking!!

set1_zpsoafaqphf.jpg

set3_zpsp77mrb3n.jpg

set5_zpsm8m3nhjk.jpg

set4_zpsealjdrxz.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts