User Tag List

Thread: I can't believe I'm eating this

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe I'm eating this

I've never liked this type of food but after trying one, I love them.

No it doesn't taste anything like a hamburger but it could pass for a turkey with veggies burger.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1450638920002.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	57608

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, i'll have to try the turkey frozen patties. I've tried ground turkey into hamburgers and it didn't work well (cooked weird and maybe that's why it sucked). I'm hoping the frozen patties add some seasoning or something that might make them passable as I'm always looking for good tasting replacements for red meat hamburgers (and I'm getting sick of chicken patty hamburgers as my replacement

JayBruceFan32
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    hmmm, i'll have to try the turkey frozen patties. I've tried ground turkey into hamburgers and it didn't work well (cooked weird and maybe that's why it sucked). I'm hoping the frozen patties add some seasoning or something that might make them passable as I'm always looking for good tasting replacements for red meat hamburgers (and I'm getting sick of chicken patty hamburgers as my replacement
    Ground turkey doesnt blend well with ground beef because there is a whole lot less fat in ground turkey to bond with the fat in ground beef to hold it together.

As for garden or turkey burgers, they taste better than they sound. What you're not getting in fat or cholesterol (veggie), your making up for it with additives and artificial flavorings.

Fordman

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to bbq those and put some cheese on it..

Better than some hamburgers..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fordman View Post
    Ground turkey doesnt blend well with ground beef because there is a whole lot less fat in ground turkey to bond with the fat in ground beef to hold it together.
    i didn't mix it with ground beef - I took the 1 pound tray of ground turkey, formed patties and cooked it. It was hard to tell when it was done because I don't recall there being a color change like there is beef to let you have some kind of indication when it's done.

Maybe I overcooked it, maybe I undercooked it, maybe you're supposed to add some seasoning I didn't know about. Whatever the case, it sucked.

I'll go buy some frozen turkey or veggie patties and try them out in my quest to reduce but not eliminate red meats.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had turkey meatloaf. Once was enough thank you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for garden or turkey burgers, they taste better than they sound. What you're not getting in fat or cholesterol (veggie), your making up for it with additives and artificial flavorings.

Fordman
    Not to mention a lot of sodium too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ground turkey burgers are awesome. It's a great alternative to red meat all the time. I buy the fresh ground turkey not the frozen kind and it works out good. Though you have to make sure you cook it completely well done.

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finestkind View Post
    I've had turkey meatloaf. Once was enough thank you.
    Same here! Claimed that it tasted just like hamburger and I tried it and no......it was horrible! Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the veggie burger called "grillers". Not bad at all when you add cheese, veggies and hamburger bun as if the veggie burger was a real hamburger.

Also bought buffalo style so I'll be trying that sometime next week.

Also like the veggie burgers are less expensive than equivalent amount of ground beef so it is somewhat healthier for you and doesn't taste that bad if done right.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fordman
    I want the fat and cholesterol.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just make up my first buffalo chicken veggie burger and it was actually awesome!

I did pick up a BOCA today since it was on sale at the store - hopefully the grillers one from BOCA doesn't quite have that weird aftertaste the Morningstar Farms one had (but covered up by using tomatos, pickles, etc. in the veggie burger).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We eat a lot of 96/4 beef and turkey and never blend the two. Fyi I each chicken on a daily basis 3-4 a day and City Market has it hand trimmed for 1.99 a lb and since it's hand trimmed you get more for your money.
    [center:ao0lcd4l]BUCKET[/center:ao0lcd4l]