Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are your 2016 hobby goals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I've started working on the 2001 Upper Deck legends football set. I think this will take longer than a year but it will be fun and a challenge. I feel like my baseball collection is pretty much complete and don't have any major wants for that. I guess I am going to finish the 2015 Topps Tek base set (just waiting for prices to come down on COMC) but that's not too big a deal so I'm pretty sure that will bet done. If I get the card buying bug during baseball season I may grab a few star 1956 topps cards (Clemente, Mays, Aaron etc). I've liked this set for a long time but have avoided getting any because I'm afraid that once I start I will want to finish and I'm not sure I want that much money tied up in 50's cards. Honestly I've never seen any of those guys play and while they are cool I'm beginning to think they aren't that rare as there are always multiple copies in about every grade on ebay all the time. This makes me worry that once the baby boomers start selling or even just stop buying prices could come down a bunch but who knows and that's a topic for a different thread anyway.

I might have some packs of 2001 Upper Deck legends football, I'll let ya know if I find em'

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I don't have any specific goals this upcoming year. I feel like I have a lot more than I ever imagined I would and I'm pretty happy with my collection at the moment. Still looking for D-backs that catch my eye, of course, but I plan to slow down and only buy things that really, really appeal to me. A lot of the stuff I still really want it older (Bowman Chrome Gold Refractors, Leaf R&S Longevity, etc.) or out of my price range at this point. There's just too much out there right now that's so similar, I just don't feel the need to own all of it anymore. I'd also like to just focus on the players I really like and stop feeling like I need something of everyone on the team.

We'll see how I feel as the year progresses, but I've started a Blake Bortles football card collection, and would like to start adding to that more.

dlackey

May 6, 2012
Rose Bud, Arkansas
Here are my goals

1. Organize, organize, organize
2. Be at 150 or more 1994 Finest refractors for my set (Curently at 17)
3. Add 20 1993 Finest refractors (Have 0)

Help daughter with her goals

1. Reach 500 Mike Trout cards (has 242 so far)

Thanks,
Dennis

Last edited:

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I might have some packs of 2001 Upper Deck legends football, I'll let ya know if I find em'

Ok Cool, I guess I meant to say the 2001 Upper Deck Legends football Autograph set. But who knows I might add the base set too as the Rookie SP's don't seem to be as tough as they once were.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I wish to stay on course and continue my organization. It's been slow but steady. I also want to thin my non-Yankees stuff out. I'm not going to bother trying to keep a collecting/obtaining goal because I never seem to stay focused with that goal.

Organize Organize Organize

matthew.runyon.9

Oct 16, 2015
1. Finish 1973 Topps (I need about 35 cards)
2. Make some headway in 1960 Topps (need about 45)
3. Take care of some SF Giants from the 60s and 70s

Flyers16

Aug 21, 2015
Ontario Canada
1 - To finish the OPC hockey sets l'm nearing completion
1a - Upon completion of 1 to work on the 07/08 OPC hockey set
2 - To complete at least 1 of the parallel sets I'm working on
3 - To continue to make inroads on my vintage wants in both baseball and hockey
4 - I won't say organize but to properly sort through the cards I've got scattered around and place in their proper card boxes

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Continue to work on my raw 1960 Topps baseball set.
Work on tracking down final five TEK cards for Konerko and Ventura.
Downsize sets I don't look at anymore.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
1. Knock 5 cards off my Trent Dilfer wantlist (probably unrealistic but I gotta aim high!)
2. Pick up cards for 2 of the 4 A's HOFers I don't have vintage cards of yet (Eddie Collins, Eddie Plank, Al Simmons, Connie Mack)
3. Pick up 25 cards for my long-term 1988 Topps autographed set project
4. Finish updating my wantlists...I actually made a ton of headway this year and just have a bit of work to do to finish up
5. Start updating my site with pictures of my baseball collection...ugh I just hate scanning so much
6. Pony up the cash to complete my 1993 Finest Refractor A's team set...just need the Rickey, which costs more than all of the other cards combined

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
1. Finish 1973 Topps (I need about 35 cards)
2. Make some headway in 1960 Topps (need about 45)
3. Take care of some SF Giants from the 60s and 70s

73 is one of my favorites and one I will be putting together again myself! Good luck in locating the remaining cards!

Needing 45 cards for your 1960 set is one heck of an accomplishment as well! Would like to see some scans if you have them.

matthew.runyon.9

Oct 16, 2015
73 is one of my favorites and one I will be putting together again myself! Good luck in locating the remaining cards!

Needing 45 cards for your 1960 set is one heck of an accomplishment as well! Would like to see some scans if you have them.

My dad bought me a lot of 200 different 1960 cards for my 8th grade promotion present in 1980. I've been working on it off and on ever since. I need Mantle, Musial, and mostly high numbers to complete the set. I recently moved and the cards are still in storage. I'm looking forward to being able to break them out

Members online