User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Probstein & bbcardsniper AKA Brad Ziegler EXPOSED

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last edited by ChasHawk; 01-21-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasHawk View Post
    And go figure the percentage of bids with Probstein from the top FOUR bidders of that particular auction. Compare the total bids with the bid percentages from Probstein alone. Bigboyd has written these types of bidders off as "loyal customers". Nothing to see here . . . move along.

Winning bidder u***i (198) 153 Total bids -50% of those w/ Probstein

2nd place bidder m***c (2870) 18 Total bids - 66% of those w/ Probstein

3rd place bidder a***t ( 7325) 138 Total bids -51% of those w/ Probstein

4th place bidder r***s ( 288) 136 Total bids - 90% of thosew/ Probstein
    Last edited by Luck15Hope; 01-22-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep...wolverine used to say the same ****.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you guys honestly think that 4 people took their time to bid up a Andre Dawson $30 Autograph and Probstein is behind it? I just can't see that type of activity happening on such low dollar cards.

Maybe I'm blind but I truly think some of these larger seller have such a following and so many listings that these buyers are only looking at their listings (or at least focused) on their listings. Smart for the buyer, no, but I feel that happens.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Do you guys honestly think that 4 people took their time to bid up a Andre Dawson $30 Autograph and Probstein is behind it? I just can't see that type of activity happening on such low dollar cards.
    Yes. The most counterfeited American bill is the $20. No one expects it. Every cashier looks at the $50's and $100's handed to them but they all take $20's without a flinch. Shilling a rare Posey Knob card is easy to catch---everyone is watching. Like counterfeiting a $100 bill.......but shilling 30-40$ cards adds up to huge money when you sell as many cards as Probstein, and no one questions it. "why would anyone bid up a $30 Dawson card?" is exactly what they want us all to think. Systematic shilling, even a little bit, adds up to huge profits for Probstein.

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to grab this card for $10-$15 easy all day long. I don't buy the theory that these mega sellers have a cult following that only bid on their items. Are there that many stupid bidders out there that are going to pay 3x the going price of a card just because of who is selling it? I would even go as far to bet that there are more bidders that will not bid on items of these sellers than there are bidders that will only bid on items from these sellers.
    Want to buy anything Andre Dawson - Twitter @The8Hawk8
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards
    28 Cameos, 206 Mentions, 337 Checklists
    Also collecting Drew Brees with my son

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 16christensen16 View Post
    You are spot on. Alot of high end cards I don't have a set price I will pay. I watch the bidding and competition and bid accordingly. So when there is shilling it really screws you and really bothers me. It's not as cut and dry as just putting a snipe in
    That's a good way to describe it, some of the time you have to play the competition and bid accordingly. It's never as cut and dry with those cards as it went for $400 a year ago and that's what I should pay now - the Thorpe card I showed you is a good example but unfortunately I was on the wrong end of that swing though lol. Plus a lot of the time with these cards you're not talking about shilling that costs you $20, more like $200+, which in card terms equals a Roger Maris patch or something. Shilling is wrong either way whether you're a HOF collector or a base collector you shouldn't be shilled but again I think this guy picked the perfect situation/opportunity to pull something like this.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk8 View Post
    You should be able to grab this card for $10-$15 easy all day long. I don't buy the theory that these mega sellers have a cult following that only bid on their items. Are there that many stupid bidders out there that are going to pay 3x the going price of a card just because of who is selling it? I would even go as far to bet that there are more bidders that will not bid on items of these sellers than there are bidders that will only bid on items from these sellers.
    I purposely avoid his auctions.

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purposely avoid his auctions.
    I don't avoid them but I'm not going to overpay either, I had my eye on two of his auctions last night, won one and I thought the other one went too high so I let it go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rarely even notice a seller's name, usually just a quick glance at the positive feedback percentage
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I avoid their auctions as well. Why pay that much more for something when you can get it cheaper somewhere else and put what you "saved" towards something else to better your collection?

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    I rarely even notice a seller's name, usually just a quick glance at the positive feedback percentage
    I don't look at a seller's name nor do I look at a feedback score. After I have won an auction I will look at the seller's name and search what else they have for sale of Dawson in case I want to save on some shipping. eBay will take care of me if something goes wrong with the transaction.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk8 View Post
    I don't look at a seller's name nor do I look at a feedback score. After I have won an auction I will look at the seller's name and search what else they have for sale of Dawson in case I want to save on some shipping. eBay will take care of me if something goes wrong with the transaction.
    Not if you were shilled they won't.

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancemountain View Post
    Yes. The most counterfeited American bill is the $20. No one expects it. Every cashier looks at the $50's and $100's handed to them but they all take $20's without a flinch. Shilling a rare Posey Knob card is easy to catch---everyone is watching. Like counterfeiting a $100 bill.......but shilling 30-40$ cards adds up to huge money when you sell as many cards as Probstein, and no one questions it. "why would anyone bid up a $30 Dawson card?" is exactly what they want us all to think. Systematic shilling, even a little bit, adds up to huge profits for Probstein.
    Are you aware of his pricing structure?

Systematic shilling equals higher selling prices for his customers. those higher prices get him pennies...
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not if you were shilled they won't.
    That isn't what I was referring to. If the price doesn't go above what I'm willing to pay for it then I guess I don't worry if it is shilled or not, I'm not going to worry about what I can't control if the ending price of the card is in the range of my perceived value of what I am willing to pay for the card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast