Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

February pickup thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
This completes the dumbest rainbow ever: the base and refractor /10, issued in 2013 Finest; I have two 10x14 metal signs from 2015 (one being a 1/1), and then this one is regular sized.
eq4hmb.jpg

The Club version (1:7 packs), which took two years to find. Down to 9 for 100% completion
3150isi.jpg

This is the first Panini card I've purchased. I hate them, but I love acetate and on-card autos. This is my second MM auto
n3b0js.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
You hate Panini but like the design? Sounds like a reason to buy their products. Not hate them. They put out some decent stuff. Lot of lower tier player's autos too which is cool if you're a team collector or a collector of one of them.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Very small pick ups here in terms of cost and value, but Canadian Kirby Puckett cards that fit into the "I am highly annoyed that I haven't found these cards that are on my want list because they aren't that rare, and I shouldn't have to pay very much for them" category.

1991 Major League Baseball All-Stars - International Playing Card Company variation Kirby Puckett. Tons of these decks on eBay, just took some digging to find the non-U.S. Playing Cards variation. I now have a perfectly good set of playing cards, except of course that the 4 of Diamonds is in the Puckett collection. So if anybody needs their guy in the International variation, send me a PM and I'll send 'em out, they're of no use to me.

image1.JPG

1992 OPC Box Bottom - Twins Celebration (With Puckett). Classic Puckett image, love that one. Would've been nice to see it on more cards. Lot also included the Atlanta Braves NL Champs box bottom and the Pittsburgh Pirates NL East Champs bottom if anybody needs those.

image2.JPG

Remaining on my "I'm annoyed I don't have this Kirby Puckett variation from up north" list...

1990 Fleer Superstar Special with Bo Jackson (Printed in Canada) #635
1992 Panini Sticker (Canadian) #120
1992 Panini Sticker Guessing Game (Canadian) #32 /70
1992 Panini Sticker Guessing Game (Canadian) #32 /71

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
This completes the dumbest rainbow ever: the base and refractor /10, issued in 2013 Finest; I have two 10x14 metal signs from 2015 (one being a 1/1), and then this one is regular sized.
eq4hmb.jpg

The Club version (1:7 packs), which took two years to find. Down to 9 for 100% completion
3150isi.jpg

This is the first Panini card I've purchased. I hate them, but I love acetate and on-card autos. This is my second MM auto
n3b0js.jpg

Nice Stanton and Mariota cards.

I got in a 1966 Topps Bill White #397 . Really nice condition. So nice, I might have to ask my kids or grand kids how to post pics to the internet.

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
Some Griffeys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 62

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
You hate Panini but like the design? Sounds like a reason to buy their products. Not hate them. They put out some decent stuff. Lot of lower tier player's autos too which is cool if you're a team collector or a collector of one of them.

To be honest, I never really liked DLP much either before Panini bought them. I know that's borderline sacrilegious around here, but their designs flat-out suck. Rarely do I think "classic design" when I see a Panini product; I usually think "5 year old after a 3 bag Skittles binge design." Most of their products look like someone dropped acid while watching Solaris then dicked around with MS Paint. I can see people in 20 years looking back at '15 Stadium Club and thinking its a timeless design. I can't say the same about any Panini products.

I have my issues with Topps, but the last few years they've done a great job of cutting down on useless, repetitive products. Sure, they have a ton of retro-themed stuff, but I'm cool with that. Panini on the other hand...jesus christ. 75% of their products in basketball and football are generic garbage. Product after product is the exact same crap. I could hand you a dozen different Panini brands, and I'd be shocked if you could identify and differentiate even half of them. They could cut their number of products in half and most collectors wouldn't notice nor care. Nearly all their products exist for group breakers, a section of the hobby I despise. I also don't collect sticker autos, which rules out 96.2% of everything they produce

That said, I do enjoy certain high-end brands Panini puts out. I've been impressed with their college stuff so far. I was furious when UD lost their license, but for the most part, Panini has done an admirable job. My two favorite products are SP Authentic and Exquisite, and as long as Panini keeps ripping off both, I'll be happy.

Picked this up today
2wrf5tc.jpg

Looks just like an SPA rookie. I think I'm done with Mariota autos for awhile. lol

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah it does. Their high end stuff is on par with UD and miles ahead of Topps, imo.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
This is my second one of these, there is suppose to be another two out there. If any one comes across one let me know.

001_zpsbq1v5q8x.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I didn't know JoshHamilton was a member here.

Yes sir, have been for years. You'll quickly realize I'm not near the douchenozzle I was on BO. I know you're friends with a bunch of people over there, and there are some great members, but holy hell there are a TON of imbeciles. That's why I started acting like a dick; I don't mesh well with morons. Nice to see you over here, and awesome pickups. I like that you're collecting Goldy.

Onto the pickups:
mariotapatch.jpg
1/1. I really hope it comes with the shag couch its on. Thing looks rad
rpa.jpg
rice.jpg

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Yes sir, have been for years. You'll quickly realize I'm not near the douchenozzle I was on BO. I know you're friends with a bunch of people over there, and there are some great members, but holy hell there are a TON of imbeciles. That's why I started acting like a dick; I don't mesh well with morons. Nice to see you over here, and awesome pickups. I like that you're collecting Goldy.

lol, I finally got the boot from BO. I'm a moderator on another, much smaller, trading card forum that was created from one of the guys on BO. It's mostly just one giant off-topic section without any censorship (my fav part). It's a refugee for members who were booted from other sites like BO and then a lot of active BO members. Since the traffic is low you won't be doing much B/S/T. I'm not sure of the rules here regarding promoting other sites but if you wanted I could send you a PM. I was already warned from houdini not to send out any active members to recruit. He said it was considered poaching lol.

btw, I never thought you were a dbag in fact I always enjoyed your humor.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
lol, I finally got the boot from BO. I'm a moderator on another, much smaller, trading card forum that was created from one of the guys on BO. It's mostly just one giant off-topic section without any censorship (my fav part). It's a refugee for members who were booted from other sites like BO and then a lot of active BO members. Since the traffic is low you won't be doing much B/S/T. I'm not sure of the rules here regarding promoting other sites but if you wanted I could send you a PM. I was already warned from houdini not to send out any active members to recruit. He said it was considered poaching lol.

btw, I never thought you were a dbag in fact I always enjoyed your humor.

I recently joined BO hoping to make more trades. A few guys I've worked with were really cool but I've heard there are many DBs. I noticed people are pretty angry or something there, I just try to ignore ignorance

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I recently joined BO hoping to make more trades. A few guys I've worked with were really cool but I've heard there are many DBs. I noticed people are pretty angry or something there, I just try to ignore ignorance

Yes, there are quiet a few members who like to complain and go around reporting anything they disagree with. It has it's share of cupcake generation db's on that site.

But there are also a lot of cool members on there to chat with and it has a really nice baseball & off-topic section. I've noticed on here the baseball section is more directed to solely trading cards, not much conversation about the game of baseball, recent trades/free agent signings, team wishlists, chats about prospects or just general "who will hit more HR, which player is better, etc.". BO is also a lot more geared toward prospects where as I don't see much prospect chatter on here except for the newly released top 100 lists.

I'm pretty new on here so I really can't comment on the type of community on here but hopefully I'll get a better feel for it overtime.

Members online

Latest posts