User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Collectors- 2016 Topps Buybacks Stamped Cards

Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player Collectors- 2016 Topps Buybacks Stamped Cards

Okay, I am just going to put it out there to see if there's any interest. Knowing we will never get the answers, I do feel that the knowledge of FCB is amazing, especially when it comes to releases like this. How many out there? Are Silvers really that tough? Is there a Gold, Silver, Blue, Red, Black for every card? How many different cards of your player did they make, etc...
    I will admit one thing: when Leaf released their stamped buybacks, I was not impressed, and may have even scoffed at the idea, (although I did pick up a couple different ones) but this Topps one has me intrigued! The possibilities of how many and of which ones is endless. I've seen a lot of Gwynns, that's for sure!

Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only seen four Dawsons on eBay, I have picked up two of them (both silver and the two I haven't picked up are 1/1) and I have seen one Dawson (1/1) on a you tube break.
    Want to buy anything Andre Dawson - Twitter @The8Hawk8
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards
    28 Cameos, 206 Mentions, 337 Checklists
    Also collecting Drew Brees with my son

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hit a red Canseco . Wish Topps would buy some of my commons , they're in better shape than those they have bought back

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this this morning. Took me by surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Buybacks of reprint autos from within the past 2 years. Nice.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 1976, 77 & 78 Winfields on eBay at the moment, but I'm not going over $10. Got my fingers crossed for some Hensley Meulens cards!

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've landed a few, but the player selection seems very skewed towards a few certain players. There are tons of different George Bretts, Griffeys, and Nolan Ryans up on ebay, where some of the more common players aren't showing up at all.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections (as of 10/21/18): 1. Glaus: 2096 - 2. Rolen: 1686 - 3. Thome: 1638 - 4. Helton: 1521 - 5. Garciaparra: 1461 - 6. L. Walker: 1317 - 7. D. Ortiz: 1311 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1307 - 9. Edmonds: 1090 10. Biggio: 1072 - 11. A. Beltre: 1052

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon View Post
    I've landed a few, but the player selection seems very skewed towards a few certain players. There are tons of different George Bretts, Griffeys, and Nolan Ryans up on ebay, where some of the more common players aren't showing up at all.
    Could be people are more likely to list big names

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by byronscott4ever View Post
    Could be people are more likely to list big names
    I'm hoping to see a ton of these hit COMC in a few weeks.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These things are driving me nuts! I don't know how many there are so I don't want to miss out on any. I love them but worry they may evaporate like the Allen ginter buybacks did.
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only seen 2 Garvey cards so far and both were completed listings, meaning they were BIN ended before I saw them. 79T Red and a 85T Gold

North of the Baysox, South of the Orioles
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Topps actually using star players, must be getting low on obscure 70s players
    BENSON'S BULLPEN - My TTM Autograph Collection

Screw You Photobucket, my banners went bye-bye.

Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's been talk of instead of actually "buying back" the buybacks, they just used leftover stock sitting around the factory. I can see that to a point. I also see them buying some of those card show "stars" 5000 count boxes of base and pulled out all the Topps cards.
    Does anyone have (or seen) multiple colors if the same card yet?

Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up one of the two 1987 Topps Andre Dawson 1/1s last night

I have won all three Dawsons that have ended on eBay with only one more still on eBay
    Want to buy anything Andre Dawson - Twitter @The8Hawk8
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards
    28 Cameos, 206 Mentions, 337 Checklists
    Also collecting Drew Brees with my son

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is driving me nuts that they don't have a checklist or print runs, but the chase is still fun! So far, I've got my hooks into 12 of them. I know for a fact there are at least 11 different, making there 44 w/variations out there. Strangely enough, I have seen ZERO of the black versions for Canseco which are supposed to be the most common. That leads me to believe that there are THOUSANDS of cases unopened still and some of them will have spurts, along with cards we haven't seen yet.

Brentandbecca told me he pulled several 88 topps Canseco red in his 80 case run and only 2 others.
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast