Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spring Training Logo Bingo: Closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Hi,

I think I'm confused as well. Can you elaborate?

Let's use your card as an example.

To have a bingo on your top row you need:

LA Dodgers win or lose by exactly 1 run
Washington win or lose by exactly 2 runs
San Diego win or lose by exactly 3 runs
Tampa Bay win or lose by 4 or more runs

If the same franchise plays more than one game on a given day (doubleheader, split squad, etc...), you can use any outcome toward your goal.

If that's not your question, Please let me know.

Yes that is part of my question. The other part is if there were several games that had scores I can use, I can use them as long as they are not in the same row or column as another one with the same score right?

For example:
PIT 4 - DET 2
TOR 5 - PHI 3
CIN 6 - CLE 5
MIA 1 - MIA 5
ARI 5 - ARI 12

In this case on my score sheet ARI and MIA both won by 4 or more. As long as I am not trying to win on my 3rd row ARI/KC/COL/MIA I can use both scores right?Same question for CLE and TOR on my last row. Make sense?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Yes that is part of my question. The other part is if there were several games that had scores I can use, I can use them as long as they are not in the same row or column as another one with the same score right?

For example:
PIT 4 - DET 2
TOR 5 - PHI 3
CIN 6 - CLE 5
MIA 1 - MIA 5
ARI 5 - ARI 12

In this case on my score sheet ARI and MIA both won by 4 or more. As long as I am not trying to win on my 3rd row ARI/KC/COL/MIA I can use both scores right?Same question for CLE and TOR on my last row. Make sense?

EDIT: a much better explanation in my post below :)

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] - Also to note: Remember these must be scratched off from left to right or from top to bottom. For your card, the first possible logos to scratch off would be LAD, OAK, ARI or CLE and those would need to be the exact win or loss of 1 point (all four of these teams on your card would allow the possibility of a left to right bingo) OR LAD, WSH, SD or TB and those also would need to be the exact win or loss of 1 point (all four of these teams on your card would allow the possibility of a top to bottom bingo). This is the true fun (for me) with Chris' contests. They have a specific way to make a simple game challenging and rooting for teams you typically do not regularly root for :)

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
[MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION], [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION]

If you have a team playing itself (split squad), you can count both outcomes only if the logo is situated in a position on the board where the row/column requirement is the same.

So, in the Miami example (5-1 score), you could only count the Marlins logo as part of the 3rd row, and NOT the 4th column, since Miami is the 4th logo in the 3rd row, but in the 4th column, Miami requires exactly a 3 run win/loss (since it is the 3rd logo in that column).

Make sense?

Although the placement of the logo on your card is imperative, you DO NOT have to necessarily complete a row or column in order (left to right or top to bottom). Only the ascending winning/losing margin is required as you move across a row/column.

Example:

On the top row of [MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION] card, he has

LA Dodgers - Washington - San Diego - Tampa Bay

He does not have to complete the LA logo first (1 run win/loss) before moving on to Washington (2 run win/loss), San Diego (3 run win/loss), then Tampa (4+ run win/loss). Any logo can be crossed off in any order, so long as the winning/losing margin is satisfied.

The same holds true for columns, but again, be aware of the logo's position.

In this example, the only 4 logos that have the same requirement for both rows and columns are:

LAD: 1st logo in its row and column = 1 run win/loss
Minnesota: 2nd logo for both = 2 run win/loss
Colorado: 3rd logo for both = 3 run win/loss
Toronto: 4th logo for both = 4+ run win/loss

All other logos have a slightly different requirement depending on if you are completing a row or column.

In theory, this game should end relatively soon.

My apologies for any confusion! This really is an easy game to play, but does require some attention to detail. A lot of work for a t-shirt, but it does help prep those who'll play my upcoming larger bingo.

Thanks!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Sorry, [MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION].

I realized I did not directly answer your question.

Here we go:

PIT 4 - DET 2 Irrelevant because you have neither PIT nor DET on your card

TOR 5 - PHI 3 Can't use TOR because you need a 4+ run win/loss for both the row and column.

CIN 6 - CLE 5 Cross CLE off the 4th row only (1 run loss). Need a 3 run win/loss to cross CLE off its column.

MIA 1 - MIA 5 Already discussed above. Cross off 3rd row only. Need a 3 run win/loss to cross off its column.

ARI 5 - ARI 12 Can't use ARI for either. Need a 1 run win/loss for its row, and a 3 run win/loss for its column.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I'm going to use this post to track my card.

11. Pirates 12. Astros (colum 1-run win on 3/3) 13. Reds (column 1-run win on 3/1) 14. A's
21. Marlins (row 1-run loss on 3/3) 22. Nationals 23. Mets 24. Diamondbacks
31. Cardinals 32. Orioles 33. Cubs (colum 3-run win on 3/4) 34. Twins (column 3-run win on 3/2)
41. Yankees 42. Angels 43. Tigers 44. Braves

Column - win
Row - loss

Last edited:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I am not going to lie, but this is fun. Easy to track, gives me a chance to run down the schedule of games, and even though I am not super close to winning, I feel like I have a chance every day! Good stuff!!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I am not going to lie, but this is fun. Easy to track, gives me a chance to run down the schedule of games, and even though I am not super close to winning, I feel like I have a chance every day! Good stuff!!

I agree completely. CJ's contests are always the best.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] Ari 6 COL 3 on 3/2 Does this count as a two way score for me? I have COL on my 3rd row and column....?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Can someone double check my work and tell me if I do have Bingo or not for the ARI/KC/COL/MIA row please??

20160305_122031.jpg

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I must really be doing this wrong then.

The card isn't wiped clean daily?

Fordman

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I must really be doing this wrong then.

The card isn't wiped clean daily?

Fordman

Your card is not wiped clean daily. Once you cross a logo off, it remains crossed off until you have a bingo.

Please see the example posted by alexs64 above or my explanation on the previous pages.

Thanks.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Ah ha! Did not see the option to lose by 1,2,3,4...
I have a column Bingo, then. First column:
Cubs- lost by 1 March 3
Phillies- Lost by 2 March 1
Astros won by 3 March 3
Mariners won by 4+ March 2

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Ah ha! Did not see the option to lose by 1,2,3,4...
I have a column Bingo, then. First column:
Cubs- lost by 1 March 3
Phillies- Lost by 2 March 1
Astros won by 3 March 3
Mariners won by 4+ March 2

The Astros did not win by 3 on March 3rd...but they did on March 4th!

Congrats, you have a bingo.

Please send me a PM with your mailing address and t-shirt size.

If you'd like to give a shirt to a child instead, please include their youth size.

Congrats to the two winners.

This contest is now closed, but checkout the Lumberjack Bingo signup thread for a chance to win even bigger prizes.

Members online

Latest posts