Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Omar Vizquel stuff has gotten just stupid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
when a 2016 Donruss Stat line card /500 sells for 50 bucks plus I am speechless. These two buyers are IDIOTS. card is worth .50. I cant post link on my phone but just search it and give yourself a laugh

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I think it is awesome that Omar has at least two collectors with deep pockets. It is always fun to see what his cards go for. I wouldn't like it if I was a Vizquel collector though lol

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
i can understand them going after the low serial numbered stuff hard. /1 or even anything less than 25 but a card numbered /500 is simple ignorance. i cant imagine having so much money that you just burn it. This card coud be bought for less than a buck. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
i can understand them going after the low serial numbered stuff hard. /1 or even anything less than 25 but a card numbered /500 is simple ignorance. i cant imagine having so much money that you just burn it. This card coud be bought for less than a buck. Plain and simple.

When you have two people going after the same card and if the card is hard to come by regardless of the numbering, you will have high prices..

You wouldn't think this card (see below) would go for much, but since I am an Edgar Martinez Collector, and not many had appeared on EBAY or other auction site, I paid $260 because I wanted it to go with the other two colors from the set..

1997-red.jpg

97-sig.jpg

So just because you wouldn't pay that much for it, doesn't mean someone else won't

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
When you have two people going after the same card and if the card is hard to come by regardless of the numbering, you will have high prices..

You wouldn't think this card (see below) would go for much, but since I am an Edgar Martinez Collector, and not many had appeared on EBAY or other auction site, I paid $260 because I wanted it to go with the other two colors from the set..

1997-red.jpg

97-sig.jpg

So just because you wouldn't pay that much for it, doesn't mean someone else won't

this set just came out. There are 500 of them out there. within one week three have already shown up and more will surely follow. This is NOT a card from 1997 that may or may not show up again, sorry man I cant agree with you here. These guys are idiots. There is no way around it. I give them a pass on the ultra rare ones because those may not show up again. This is not one of those instances. Trust me, if I ever get lucky to pull any Omar Vizquel rare cards I will take full advantage. But it does not take away from their stupidity.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I know that Visquel collectors spend $$ since I ended up selling this for $850

omar.jpg

This just helps prove my point.
Had these collectors had any sense they would have saved 700+ and picked the same one up for less than 125 by just being patient. Not very smart. There is a difference between overpaying a little bit and just being stupid. These Vizquel collectors swing hard to the latter.

Many of us I am sure have overspent on a card(s) we really wanted. But we are talking about overpaying on some of these cards by hundreds to thousands of dollars.

Last edited:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Maybe they are using cards as a form of money laundering... it could work with the amounts they spend. Has anyone sold to one of these high dollar bidders? I wonder if the mailing addy is Tony Soprano in NJ.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Well, at least Omar Vizquel will one day be a HOFer and was one of the best defensive players to ever play the game.

Same can't be said for Galarraga...

Last edited:

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Don't get mad or upset at the vizquel collectors. It's there money they can do whatever they want. I personally think it's great! Hope they keep buying cards

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Don't get mad or upset at the vizquel collectors. It's there money they can do whatever they want. I personally think it's great! Hope they keep buying cards

they can do what they want with their money. Doesnt change the fact that they have zero common sense and they could buy most if not all of these cards for a fraction of what they spend on them. If I were one of the big two collecting these. I would reach out to the other collector and work together to save myself thousands and thousands of dollars. I am shocked how these two collectors even have any money. Most people who have money are smarter than this.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
they can do what they want with their money. Doesnt change the fact that they have zero common sense and they could buy most if not all of these cards for a fraction of what they spend on them. If I were one of the big two collecting these. I would reach out to the other collector and work together to save myself thousands and thousands of dollars. I am shocked how these two collectors even have any money. Most people who have money are smarter than this.

It's fairly obvious both the Vizquel collectors have assets far exceeding the average collector. It would be like trying to teach Donald Trump to shop at Target - good luck with that!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA

It's fairly obvious both the Vizquel collectors have assets far exceeding the average collector. It would be like trying to teach Donald Trump to shop at Target - good luck with that!

yes, but Donald Trump wouldnt look at 5 of the exact same cars on a lot with 4 priced at 10,000 and one at 40,000 and say, you know what, Ill take the 40,000 car. That is what these collectors are doing. It makes no sense at all.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
It's hardcore player collectors with deep pockets hedging their bets against never seeing a card again. How many of us have passed on a card that was supposed to be easy to find...then we can never find it for years? Granted that's unlikely to happen with a 2015 Donruss insert /500, but that's probably their perception. That or else they see a Vizquel they don't have and just blindly bid $500.

The print runs for cards is so tiny these days (when I was a kid a print run of 10,000 was minuscule) that it really only takes two devoted collectors willing to spend money to make the market for one players cards totally different from another similar player. It's really weird. There's one other really hardcore Trent Dilfer collector and stuff that is /10 or /15 or so will sell for $50+, then if another one shows up it goes for $5. But there's no guarantee that second one ever shows up...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts