User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Family Traditions

  1. #1
    Senior Member MrMet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Poconos
    Posts
    11,713
     mrmet17
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Family Traditions

    I know I posted this in the baseball section, but that is because my tradition revolves around baseball. Please post even if yours doesn't.

    So, the other day my wife and I were talking about Logan's first baseball game, which was also my Fathers Day gift. My wife asked if I wanted to make it a tradition and take in a baseball game every year for Fathers Day. I couldn't say yes fast enough and a tradition was born.

    What other family traditions do you guys have? Something you do every year, month, week? Sports related, or not?
    Go....

  2. #2
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,993
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have a ton of family or personal traditions.


    Since I was 9 years old I have went to a St. Louis Cardinals game the week of my birthday. I try to do it on my birthday, but if they're out of town, I go as close to it as I can. I'm 33 and I've done it every year since I was 9. So that's my biggest tradition.


    My family, and my wife's parents go out to eat every Friday night.


    My mother in law always buys my family pajamas and gives them to us on Christmas Eve so we can wear them while opening presents Christmas morning.


    I work midnights, so I watch Monday Night RAW every Tuesday morning when I get off work.

    Um, that's about all I can think of at the moment.





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  3. #3
    Senior Member olerud363's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,187
     olerud363
     @olerud363
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a similiar tradition to [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]. For my first Father's Day my wife got us tickets to a Jays game. I decided that each year I'd take my kids on Jr Jays Saturdays, and actually this year I'll probably take my youngest to his first game (he just turned 4). I generally don't get to see much of the game, but the kids have fun in the Kids Zone and we usually come up with lots of Jays swag.

    Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.
    Collecting John Olerud cards and memorabilia.
    My hobby website: www.cardboardcorner.weebly.com

    Thanks to JBel4331 for the awesome custom signature and avatar!

  4. #4
    Senior Member MrMet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Poconos
    Posts
    11,713
     mrmet17
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post


    My mother in law always buys my family pajamas and gives them to us on Christmas Eve so we can wear them while opening presents Christmas morning.
    That's really cool

  5. #5
    Senior Member MrMet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Poconos
    Posts
    11,713
     mrmet17
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olerud363 View Post
    We have a similiar tradition to [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]. For my first Father's Day my wife got us tickets to a Jays game. I decided that each year I'd take my kids on Jr Jays Saturdays, and actually this year I'll probably take my youngest to his first game (he just turned 4). I generally don't get to see much of the game, but the kids have fun in the Kids Zone and we usually come up with lots of Jays swag.

    Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.
    Don't know if the Jays do it, but when we took Logan to his first game at about 6 months old, the ticket taker asked if it was his first game. He's 6 months old, duh, haha! No but it was nice of her to ask so I said it was, and she told me that if we go to fan services they will make a certificate to commemorate his first game, so we went and they'd either print it for you by the 7th inning, or they'd mail it to your house. We went with the mail route so it didn't get destroyed l and got it a couple weeks later.

  6. #6
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    9,382
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Don't know if the Jays do it, but when we took Logan to his first game at about 6 months old, the ticket taker asked if it was his first game. He's 6 months old, duh, haha! No but it was nice of her to ask so I said it was, and she told me that if we go to fan services they will make a certificate to commemorate his first game, so we went and they'd either print it for you by the 7th inning, or they'd mail it to your house. We went with the mail route so it didn't get destroyed l and got it a couple weeks later.
    The giants do that too. The A's give u a baby gun so they can protect themselves on Bart
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ASTROBURN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    4,575
     AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Don't know if the Jays do it, but when we took Logan to his first game at about 6 months old, the ticket taker asked if it was his first game. He's 6 months old, duh, haha! No but it was nice of her to ask so I said it was, and she told me that if we go to fan services they will make a certificate to commemorate his first game, so we went and they'd either print it for you by the 7th inning, or they'd mail it to your house. We went with the mail route so it didn't get destroyed l and got it a couple weeks later.
    The Giants do and they did for Avery, who attended her first Giants game last season. It was the first time i have been there with the whole family, and i hope to do it again. They are good luck, cuz i have never caught a foul ball at any game until they were all there with me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nate Colbert 17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,692
     amosrusie
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a tradition that all men serve at least one term in the military.
    Scott



    Did your favorite player ever hit 5 home runs in a doubleheader?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,993
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Colbert 17 View Post
    We have a tradition that all men serve at least one term in the military.
    Really?





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  10. #10
    Senior Member BiggioBrooks755's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Manitowoc, WI-Home of the Roncalli Jets
    Posts
    4,022
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Colbert 17 View Post
    We have a tradition that all men serve at least one term in the military.
    Thank you for your and your family's service
    RoncalliJetsForever9096822
    HOFer Craig Biggio-1469/4879-29% Craig Biggio Card Site
    HOFer
    Derrick Brooks-260/773-33% Derrick Brooks Card Site


  11. #11
    Senior Member Nate Colbert 17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,692
     amosrusie
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Really?
    Yep, it doesn't have to be the Army. It can be one of the lesser branches.

    Nothing distinguished, but my dad helped keep the Chinese Communists out of Indiana during the Korean War in the Indiana National Guard.
    Scott



    Did your favorite player ever hit 5 home runs in a doubleheader?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •