Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Contest Time El Duque winner stokelydokely

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stokelydokely

Oct 21, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
I already PMed Joey but just wanted to take a minute to say thanks again for running the contest!

As a huge Yankees fan growing up in the 90s, I became a fan of El Duque immediately. He made his debut during the glorious Summer of '98, as the Yankees were rolling toward a then-ML-record win total and a young stokelydokely used his brand new 3-CD stereo/cassette system to record El Duque's first start in pinstripes (I think it took three or four cassettes:lol:).

I'm thrilled to be able to add this beauty to my collection - as my collecting kind of wound down around 2000 (and has only picked back up in the last few years), this might actually be my very first Hernandez card!

stokelydokely

Oct 21, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
Bumping a seven-year-old thread! I just wanted to post this photo of the El Duque card (third row, R) in a display plaque that I dug out of my childhood bedroom a couple years ago, and finally got around to hanging up. In it are some nostalgic cards and more recent favorites. Thanks again Joey!

IMG_4130.jpeg

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Bumping a seven-year-old thread! I just wanted to post this photo of the El Duque card (third row, R) in a display plaque that I dug out of my childhood bedroom a couple years ago, and finally got around to hanging up. In it are some nostalgic cards and more recent favorites. Thanks again Joey!

View attachment 351825
like deja view all over again.

Members online