Thread: ********Good Morning Thread ~ Thursday 3/24********

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

********Good Morning Thread ~ Thursday 3/24********

Since I got called into work last night and i'm still here I thought I would start today's thread since it's after midnight here..

By the way, I sold this card last night as well..

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinbreaker View Post
    Since I got called into work last night and i'm still here I thought I would start today's thread since it's after midnight here..

By the way, I sold this card last night as well..

No!!!!!!!!
    Want to buy anything Andre Dawson - Twitter @The8Hawk8
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards
    28 Cameos, 206 Mentions, 337 Checklists
    Also collecting Drew Brees with my son

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Saturday, July 25, 1992, I was a twelve year old boy who traveled with his dad to the Astrodome to watch his beloved Chicago Cubs played the Houston Astros. The game started out like most Cubs games I had been to. Steve Finley bunted safely down the third base line with one out. Steve Finley then steals second base as Jeff Bagwell strikeouts out swinging on six pitches. Eric Anthony then comes up and off the Cubs starter Frank Castillo, doubled in Steve Finley to give the Astros a 1-0 in the bottom of the first. In the top half of the second inning however, with two outs and a 3-1 count, Many Salazar steps to the plate and hits a home run off the Astros starter Butch Henry to tie up the game. The game would stay tied at 1-1 until the ninth inning. After going 0-3 with a strikeout, Andre Dawson comes to the plate. Staring at the pitcher, Joe Boever, on a 1-0 pitch The Hawk hits a home run to deep left field to give the Cubs a 2-1 lead in the ninth inning! The Cubs now had an 85% chance to win the game! They also had a 15% chance to lose the game. Jeff Robinson comes into the game to close out the Astros. Pete Incavialia, the first batter Robinson faced, hit a 1-0 pitched between the short stop and the third baseman for a single. The Cubs immediately pull Robinson and put in Paul Assenmacher. The Astros also put Gerald Young in as a pinch runner for Incavialia. Assenmacher goes to work and strikes out Juan Guerrero on a foul bunt. Assenmacher then goes to work on the next Astros batter, Casey Candaele, and gets two quick strikes on the batter. Casey manges to foul off the next three pitches. Young then steals second base on the sixth pitch of the at bat. Casey would then hit a double to right field and as Young came around to score tying the game up at 2-2. Fast forward to the 11th inning and the Cubs have Chuck McElory pitching who got three outs in the 10th inning. Chuck walks the first batter of the inning, Casey Candaele, on a 3-2 count. The second batter of the inning was a pitch hitter, Chris Jones. On a 2-0 count, Jones bunts the ball back to the pitcher and McElroy throws the ball away. Jones reaches first base on an error as Casey goes to third. Chuck then intentionally walks Craig Biggio to load the bases and bring Steve Finely to the plate. On a 1-2 pitch Finley singles to center field and the game ends like most Cubs games I had been to. Xavier Hernandez picked up his sixth win of the season by throwing two scoreless innings in relief. A throwing error on a pitch hit bunt and a stolen base by a pinch runner cost me from seeing Andre Dawson hit a game winning home run. I am still scarred to this day.

159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning all!

Dustin, did you remember all that or did you have to look up some of it?

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Good morning all!

Dustin, did you remember all that or did you have to look up some of it?
    I still remember Dawson hitting the home run in the ninth to break the tie and remember how the Cubs have up the lead and went into extra innings. I remember exactly how we lost the game in extra innings. I looked up the pitchers and pitch counts and stuff. I still remember where I was sitting in the Astrodome for that game.

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now what did you do the next week ?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning. Dustin, that was a cool recap of the game you went to. Go Phillies!

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tramers View Post
    now what did you do the next week ?
    The next week would have been the first week of August which means I was getting ready to go back to school, more good memories lol

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had issues with some health care %%$%^& a few years ago because of remembering good times years ago . So I asked them some questions THEY wouldn't answer so they were told to leave never come back or I would press charges . Even called in on one to their boss .

d3a3l3e3
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning all!
    Great memory, Dustin!
    My Bucket
    I'm currently looking for '69 Topps Mets buy backs.

JayBruceFan32
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning All!

Cutting grass this morning then off to the school to have lunch with the boys!

Enjoy All!

Fordman

CatdaddysCards55
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'morning fellas. Last work day of the week. Whew.
    I have no collecting focus, right now.

Trade Albums

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning all!

Easy day today and then more hoops...

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning all.

I love how people around here are *****ing that Hellickson got the opening nod over Nola. You rather not have Nola, the future, open in front of the home crowd? Fans since '08 I tell ya.
    Thank you to JBel4331 for the banner!

zc3009
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning all. Last day of the week for me. 4 day weekend coming up. Have a lot that I wanna try and get done

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast