Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********Good Morning Thread ~ Thursday 3/24********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Since I got called into work last night and i'm still here I thought I would start today's thread since it's after midnight here..

By the way, I sold this card last night as well.. :eek:

mantle-griffey-dual.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
On Saturday, July 25, 1992, I was a twelve year old boy who traveled with his dad to the Astrodome to watch his beloved Chicago Cubs played the Houston Astros. The game started out like most Cubs games I had been to. Steve Finley bunted safely down the third base line with one out. Steve Finley then steals second base as Jeff Bagwell strikeouts out swinging on six pitches. Eric Anthony then comes up and off the Cubs starter Frank Castillo, doubled in Steve Finley to give the Astros a 1-0 in the bottom of the first. In the top half of the second inning however, with two outs and a 3-1 count, Many Salazar steps to the plate and hits a home run off the Astros starter Butch Henry to tie up the game. The game would stay tied at 1-1 until the ninth inning. After going 0-3 with a strikeout, Andre Dawson comes to the plate. Staring at the pitcher, Joe Boever, on a 1-0 pitch The Hawk hits a home run to deep left field to give the Cubs a 2-1 lead in the ninth inning! The Cubs now had an 85% chance to win the game! They also had a 15% chance to lose the game. Jeff Robinson comes into the game to close out the Astros. Pete Incavialia, the first batter Robinson faced, hit a 1-0 pitched between the short stop and the third baseman for a single. The Cubs immediately pull Robinson and put in Paul Assenmacher. The Astros also put Gerald Young in as a pinch runner for Incavialia. Assenmacher goes to work and strikes out Juan Guerrero on a foul bunt. Assenmacher then goes to work on the next Astros batter, Casey Candaele, and gets two quick strikes on the batter. Casey manges to foul off the next three pitches. Young then steals second base on the sixth pitch of the at bat. Casey would then hit a double to right field and as Young came around to score tying the game up at 2-2. Fast forward to the 11th inning and the Cubs have Chuck McElory pitching who got three outs in the 10th inning. Chuck walks the first batter of the inning, Casey Candaele, on a 3-2 count. The second batter of the inning was a pitch hitter, Chris Jones. On a 2-0 count, Jones bunts the ball back to the pitcher and McElroy throws the ball away. Jones reaches first base on an error as Casey goes to third. Chuck then intentionally walks Craig Biggio to load the bases and bring Steve Finely to the plate. On a 1-2 pitch Finley singles to center field and the game ends like most Cubs games I had been to. Xavier Hernandez picked up his sixth win of the season by throwing two scoreless innings in relief. A throwing error on a pitch hit bunt and a stolen base by a pinch runner cost me from seeing Andre Dawson hit a game winning home run. I am still scarred to this day.

scan0025_5.jpg

scan0026_6.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning all!

Dustin, did you remember all that or did you have to look up some of it? ;)

I still remember Dawson hitting the home run in the ninth to break the tie and remember how the Cubs have up the lead and went into extra innings. I remember exactly how we lost the game in extra innings. I looked up the pitchers and pitch counts and stuff. I still remember where I was sitting in the Astrodome for that game.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I had issues with some health care %%$%^& a few years ago because of remembering good times years ago . So I asked them some questions THEY wouldn't answer so they were told to leave never come back or I would press charges . Even called in on one to their boss .

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning All!

Cutting grass this morning then off to the school to have lunch with the boys!

Enjoy All!

Fordman

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Good morning all.

I love how people around here are *****ing that Hellickson got the opening nod over Nola. You rather not have Nola, the future, open in front of the home crowd? Fans since '08 I tell ya.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Last day of the week for me. 4 day weekend coming up. Have a lot that I wanna try and get done

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Good morning, went to wally world this morning to buy fishing line. Bought a fat pack of 2016 donruss, got some cub guy.

001_zps6a7kfuvg.jpg

Members online