User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FCB PC Tournament STARTING TODAY!

Rickeyfanatic
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rickey has no Bowman First Autograph, or any Bowman auto to speak of, so to me, this just wreaks of not understanding your audience. I already sent you 3 legit scans of the cards I was willing to share, and now I see a request for something that does not exist..Good idea, bad execution... pass it along

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION] - It is extremely clear that many of us had not submitted scans to you as we had a lot of questions to start off with. It is very unfortunate that you blamed us for not submitting scans as this thread clearly shows what we were all trying to confirm.

Everyone interested so far, I will be working with other members to get a larger and more dedicate tournament with many choices to allow all of our collections to participate starting next week, so please stay tuned and if you have a chance to remain excited I will ensure we have something great to go with.

I do want to thank [MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION] for a very wonderful idea, and there have been others trying to help keep this moving. In order to keep this engaged, I do feel a tighter ran Tournament with committed participants and tournament officials is indeed needed.

I'm eager to see what happens tomorrow, and again thank you Mizzouboy for attempting to start this off.
    Last edited by metallicalex777; 04-02-2016 at 10:50 PM.
    King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex, if we get something organized,
    I'm down.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

sierrajunior7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really have any Bowman First cards (at least any that are worthy of submission) as most of what I have collected over the years are HOF and Greg Maddux.

metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Alex, if we get something organized,
    I'm down.

Ryan
    Sounds great Ryan! Stay tuned

My Felix Hernandez PC:

alexarmijo2009
     @AlexGArmijo
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm out.
    Alex: Andre Ethier SUPER COLLECTOR

FLICKR: Andre Ethier PC

YouTube Channel: Alex Armijo

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metallicalex777 View Post
    [MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION] - It is extremely clear that many of us had not submitted scans to you as we had a lot of questions to start off with. It is very unfortunate that you blamed us for not submitting scans as this thread clearly shows what we were all trying to confirm.

Everyone interested so far, I will be working with other members to get a larger and more dedicate tournament with many choices to allow all of our collections to participate starting next week, so please stay tuned and if you have a chance to remain excited I will ensure we have something great to go with.

I do want to thank [MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION] for a very wonderful idea, and there have been others trying to help keep this moving. In order to keep this engaged, I do feel a tighter ran Tournament with committed participants and tournament officials is indeed needed.

I'm eager to see what happens tomorrow, and again thank you Mizzouboy for attempting to start this off.
    This is actually not necessary, I do not want to start any fights on here. But, As of now, this idea is owner by MisterT and Co-Owned by me. I do feel a little bad that you have shut me down and are planning to steal my idea and make it "bigger and better". If you would of asked to help run this tournament, then I would be completely fine. MisterT sent me a message stating that he was interested, so I handed the reigns off to him. I don't believe you asked me if you could take my idea. So at this moment, I have only given permission to MisterT to use my idea. Like I said, I don't mean to say this in an a**hole way, but I want to get my point across. Thanks for understanding.
    Kolten Wong, Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin, and Justin Houston

metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzouboy View Post
    This is actually not necessary, I do not want to start any fights on here. But, As of now, this idea is owner by MisterT and Co-Owned by me. I do feel a little bad that you have shut me down and are planning to steal my idea and make it "bigger and better". If you would of asked to help run this tournament, then I would be completely fine. MisterT sent me a message stating that he was interested, so I handed the reigns off to him. I don't believe you asked me if you could take my idea. So at this moment, I have only given permission to MisterT to use my idea. Like I said, I don't mean to say this in an a**hole way, but I want to get my point across. Thanks for understanding.
    If you could re-read my post and take a chance to comprehend it, you would see that I am not starting anything and am leaving it up to the members who requested to.

There is still 100% lack of answering of any questions by you to any of us who wanted to participate in, and you still have not even attempted once to reply let alone comprehend what we were trying to clarify. Nobody, including myself, is stealing your idea. Many of us are wanting to be involved. I know that Mister T is taking reigns, he has reached out to many of us to ensure we all are still interested in participating. If you read, and comprehend, the other members posts above, you will see that they are ready to participate just as long as someone else is running it as you have lost both attention and confidence by the majority of those who originally signed up.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh as I certainly do not intend to come across that way. I think Mister T stepping in will be fantastic. Again, nobody has stolen your idea, and if you take your time to comprehend (sorry for the redundancy) the posts in this thread you will have a chance to see that. Most of us have said our thanks and likes for your idea, as it simply seems to be just that as you haven't initiated any clarity to many questions.

It would be great if you would go back to our posts to clarify what many of us have asked, but that is up to you. And again as I stated in my last post that you did not comprehend, I am excited to see you start the first round tomorrow. Good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by metallicalex777; 04-03-2016 at 12:48 AM.

My Felix Hernandez PC:

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Stealing" someone's idea is akin to liking the same color as someone else ...

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

Senior Member mlbsalltimegreats's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone can take the idea and run with it, you came up with it first, Thank you, now it's time to pass it off to someone else who knows what they are doing...

And fu$& first bowman, come on..

Good luck everyone and look forward to seeing a more improved version of this

Senior Member U L Washington Rookie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you could use a safe space.

I'll tell you what, since you're the first person to ever dream up a bracket-style game, you can have ownership of any poorly-executed / managed such bracket I ever feel like joining.

You'd get a much better reaction if you'd just own own up to biting off more than you could chew at the moment. There are plenty of posters here who are happy for the suggestion and are happy that someone who does have the bandwidth to run it will be doing so. Your reaction now will impact how the rest of us react next time, when you have more availability to run with your next suggestion.
    "As to your dead guy, occupational hazard. Drug dealer getting shot? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's been known to happen."
    Saul Goodman

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did the like button go?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just in the exact opposite of shock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so this ran off the rails. But, the idea is still a good one and still one that I think we should pursue.

To me, the question is how do we come up with a plan that can involve people with so many different types of collections. It doesn't make any sense to say MagicPapa's Griffey collection is better or worse than Dano's Yankee autographs. Or that a team collection of the Dbacks is better of worse than someone's Bowman auto collection. They are all impressive and all can be shared here. The fact that all of these collections and collectors coexist of the boards is what makes FCB an interesting community.

So, instead of a one and done, mine is bigger than yours tournament, let's try to make this a weekly showcase of what we - as a community - have. If we are doing Bowman First one week and you don't have any, then watch, vote and comment. The idea of a tournament that involves the community means that sometimes it will play to your strengths, and sometimes it won't. If it does, then jump in. If doesn't then enjoy what other people are offering up.

I will start a new thread tomorrow (Monday, April 4) so that we can leave this baggage behind us. If you want to submit a scan for that tourney, then please do. If you have an idea for how to make it better, then please send it to me. If you just want to sit back and vote/comment, then thank you. We need that too. If you think this is stupid and you want no part of it, then don't open the threads. You always have that choice. But, I do think that it will be your loss. Because, if we do this right, there should be some very cool stuff to show off.

I hope to see you, and your collection, there.

Torrance

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, lets move past this. [MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION], sorry you had issues with this. It was a good idea, maybe not the right execution, but not sure you deserve all the flack you've got either. Hopefully if another threads comes up tomorrow, hopefully you can be a part of it as well. I'm looking forward to seeing some cards/items, we haven't seen before.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast