Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your 2016 breakout players

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
What players do you think will finally put it all together and have a monster 2016 major league season?

I'm going with George Springer. From what I saw of him during last year's playoff games and this Spring I think if he can stay healthy for an entire season he'll put up some monster numbers and not just in the home run category.

I also think if Maikel Franco can stay healthy he'll have a spectacular season.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
There seems to be a similarity among these names...something they all have in common...can't...quite....figure it...out.

But it's certainly a blowout of names.

I do think Springer is the right choice and is who I was thinking before opening the thread. The other names, well.....................

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
A.J. ******* - I'd have to admit he was under my radar as a potentially star player until I saw the top 10 right now that he was in and got a better appreciation.

I'd like to see Strasburg break out, too (at least "break out" in that he has a full, healthy dominating season such that he can be considered the ace of the Nationals).

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Billy Hamilton

All Star or he'll basically be done

I see a trip to Louisville or Pensacola in his future. It doesn't help him much the Brandon Phillips is in his back pocket. Seems as all the players BP 'mentors' seems to hit the skids when hanging out with him.

I hope Jay Bruce gets back to his pre-2013 hitting days!

Fordman

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Billy Hamilton

All Star or he'll basically be done

Do you think he will break out? I agree he must or his playing time is going to drop. I just have not seen anything that tells me he is moving in that direction. He is an exciting player to watch for sure, just with an OBP below .300 there is a limit to that value.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
A.J. ******* - I'd have to admit he was under my radar as a potentially star player until I saw the top 10 right now that he was in and got a better appreciation.

Definitely under the radar but don't you think he already broke out?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Do you think he will break out? I agree he must or his playing time is going to drop. I just have not seen anything that tells me he is moving in that direction. He is an exciting player to watch for sure, just with an OBP below .300 there is a limit to that value.

Total long shot that he figures it out.

Members online