Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: Kimbo VS Shamrock is OFF for tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
Is that the shortest fight in MMA history?

two kicks and a punch to the face and Kimbo was done...Seth just finished it off with a flurry of punches to seal the deal.... but not too many other matches could have eneded much quicker.... maybe a 1 punch match... but this wasnt even a contest.

I could be mistaken, but I think Irvins KO over Houston Alexander is the fastest...

G

That was freaking redonkulous.

I just don't know what to say after seeing that.

I am just dumbfounded.

I had no rooting interest whatsoever, but that was just awesome.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
Is that the shortest fight in MMA history?

two kicks and a punch to the face and Kimbo was done...Seth just finished it off with a flurry of punches to seal the deal.... but not too many other matches could have eneded much quicker.... maybe a 1 punch match... but this wasnt even a contest.

Nope, this is the fastest mma fight in history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE-bF8w0gxU

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
MojoDan said:
I was happy to see Seth win. And could he have looked any more relaxed out there? I dont consider this a Rocky like upset, Seth has skills...

I wonder if we will ever see Shamrock vs Shamrock.

Relaxed? Dude he was retreating when kinbo walked into a jab.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
He was smiling and waving to the crowd. Not to mention I would think distance control had to be part of the game plan...

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I agree with pretty much all that has already been said.....

All I have to add is the following:

Gina Carano is freakin hot!!!!!

G

GIna IS fine. The chick she's fighting next though looks like a beast.

Me and a couple of my friends were all sitting there watching the Kimbo fight, then the rest of the Cubs game, and after that fight we were just sitting there in shock because we didn't know what to say, think or what. I mean, we all wouldn't have been surprised if it was a quick fight, we just didn't expect dude to go all Buster Douglas on Kimbo like he did.

It really was amazing to watch.

Still pissed I didn't get to see Shamrock fight Kimbo though. Didn't have a rooting interest, but wanted to see it.

Joewoowoo

Aug 24, 2008
Gillette,NJ
Bornagaincollector said:
Fans are getting cheated either way,because even if Seth does take the fight with just a few hours notice.I doubt he will be in fighting condition unless he has been training for one for a upcoming fight that i'm not aware of.Hopefully he has stayed in good enough condition to make a decent fight.

he was on th undercard for last night , he was fighting on the same card

Joewoowoo

Aug 24, 2008
Gillette,NJ
Ty Hope said:
Well, Kimbo was finally exposed for the bum he is. He was just KOed by a freaking jab. Just shows why he only fights 40+ year old or washed up fighters.

I agree 100% Kimbo is a fraud , I hear alot of his sponsors are dumping him and rightfully so he has no ground game , no stamina and a glass chin.

A_Pharis

Bahaha. I have always despised that chump. Blah, blah, "he's a nice guy." Pfft.

He's an overhyped chump who got beat on the streets, too. There are videos of him getting PUMMELED while his "corner guys" (aka friends) would pull the opponent off to let him "get to his feet" and then keep the other fighter's crew off of their contender when he was in the same spot.

His ego is overextended, and he got it handed to him.

G

There are a ton of Sherdoggers blasting Kimbo, saying he was disrespectful last night in the post fight.

But I thought of it in the exact opposite way. I thought the guy took losing WAY better than I expected him to. I expected him to go complete ape nuts and start a riot or something. But he took it well I thought. Was genuine to Seth it seemed like, and wasn't mouthing or anything. If anything, what they seen was a man that was embarassed that he just lost a fight that he had no time to train for his opponent.

I'm not a Kimbo fan, or a detractor either. I did think he would take Ken though. I imagined him knocking Ken out before Shamrock could get the fight down to the mat where he wanted it. Then after it was announced that Ken wasn't going to be fighting, I kind of hoped that Kimbo would get KTFO and to have this whole thing blow up in XC's face, and it did.

I just smell something fishy with the whole Shamrock deal. I don't know what's up, but it seems kind of fishy to me. That did look like a nice little cut he had there. Ken either didn't WANT to fight, or something. But who spars and trains the day of a fight? Bonehead move by Shamrock all the way in my book.

I DID like hearing what Frank Shamrock had to say last night. Dude isn't affraid to speak his mind. I believe the term he used was 'disgraced the family' when he was talking about Ken not being able to fight. That was pretty funny.
And when he was talking about Tito coming in to XC. He said that he thinks it has something to do with his fists. That was hilarious.

G

This is the owner of XC last night. Going nuts during the Kimbo fight. Next to Hulk Hogan.

skala-kimbo_seth-juggo.gif

His reaction right there just tells me he was trying to protect Kimbo as much as he could and it backfired in his face. Which makes it that much more enjoyable to watch Kimbo getting owned.

G

Russ S. said:
Hey Sam, where do you get your clips at?

I got those all off threads on Sherdog.

There is a gif on there of the entire fight, but I am at work on a slow computer and it was taking FOREVER to load so I didn't wait around on it.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I was at a bar last night watching my wife's friend's cover band, and they had the fight on in the other room. It was starting, I went back to grab a friend, and by the time I got back in the room, it was over. I couldn't believe it.
And the band isn't very good. Not much of a night.

Members online

Latest posts