Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: Kimbo VS Shamrock is OFF for tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Breaking news. Shamrock apparently got cut above his eye in training and is not going to be cleared to fight tonight.

There are rumors of either finding a last minute replacement or finding a doctor that will clear Ken to fight anyway.

(source: several different mma sites)

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Thats ok.

Maybe they will focus the whole show around Gina Carano now.

ginareddress_239.jpg
:p

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
She ALMOST didn't make weight again. She had to strip completely naked to make weight yesterday.

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
yankeefan812 said:
thenextlevel said:
WHAT?.....shamrock is a clown...they better find a sub, otherwise Elite will look like a joke

amen brotha, this fight needs to happen for how much publicity its gotten

I personally think Shamrock is already setting the stage for an excuse, when he gets beat down again. I could probably whip his ass.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
thenextlevel said:
yankeefan812 said:
thenextlevel said:
WHAT?.....shamrock is a clown...they better find a sub, otherwise Elite will look like a joke

I personally think Shamrock is already setting the stage for an excuse, when he gets beat down again. I could probably whip his ass.

Or, think about it like this. The latest is that a doctor has in fact cleared Ken to fight tonight. If he does fight and is in fact cut, this could all be a work to protect Kimbo. If he starts to lose the fight, they could have a doctor stop it at any time. Ken winning is the last thing they want tonight, and I have a feeling they would set all this up to make sure it doesn't happen.

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ty Hope said:
thenextlevel said:
yankeefan812 said:
thenextlevel said:

Or, think about it like this. The latest is that a doctor has in fact cleared Ken to fight tonight. If he does fight and is in fact cut, this could all be a work to protect Kimbo. If he starts to lose the fight, they could have a doctor stop it at any time. Ken winning is the last thing they want tonight, and I have a feeling they would set all this up to make sure it doesn't happen.

Maybe, but that is a little hard to pull off, especially if Shamrock is winning.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
I am sitting on the PC trying to find out what PPV channel its on then DUH!!!!! I look at the listings for CBS and BAM its there at 9. I'm a dummy!!!

from the MMA site:

The main event for tonight's EliteXC: Heat between Kimbo Slice and Ken Shamrock is close to being cancelled.

Shamrock suffered a cut above his eye since yesterday's weigh-ins.

Stay tuned for more on this developing story...

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Fight is officially OFF!

However, word has is that Seth Petruzelli will step in as a replacement. Personally, I like this fight better anyway.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
OT for Ty Hope, but very nice clemente in your sig. i cannot remember if i ever asked you on the old beckett site or not, but is it available? if so, how much to take it off your hands?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Are they going to have him fight a replacement or just scrap his fight all together?

G

This a bunch of bull.

Shamrock realized he would be leaving with a fist hole in his head so he probably bladed himself.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
sam, you and i don't see eye to eye on too much, but this i believe you are dead on!

Sam Banks said:
This a bunch of bull.

Shamrock realized he would be leaving with a fist hole in his head so he probably bladed himself.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Seth Petruzelli would be a good fight if that is indeed the case. He has a good ground game.

G

rob167 said:
sam, you and i don't see eye to eye on too much, but this i believe you are dead on!

Sam Banks said:
This a bunch of bull.

I really am mad about this. I wasn't pulling for Kimbo or Ken, I was just interested in what was going to happen. Now we will never know.

I kind of hope this blows up in XC's face if they do have a replacement stand in for Ken, and Kimbo gets knocked out cold.

Just cause I smell a work.

G

MojoDan said:
Seth Petruzelli would be a good fight if that is indeed the case. He has a good ground game.

Lets just hope he can take a punch. Because I don't want his ground game to only consist of lying there after Kimbo lays him out.

Members online