Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Running New York Yankees Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Hicks let two fly balls drop in front of him doesn't look comfortable in center.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Never under estimate the power of luck.;)

I watched the highlights and Miller's pitch against Ortiz for the second strike wasnt that bad. It looked bad because McCann missed it. I saw a lot of complaining about the third strike but when u act all crazy like Ortiz did, the ump is gonna run ya. Fair or not, we've all seen it a lot

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I watched the highlights and Miller's pitch against Ortiz for the second strike wasnt that bad. It looked bad because McCann missed it. I saw a lot of complaining about the third strike but when u act all crazy like Ortiz did, the ump is gonna run ya. Fair or not, we've all seen it a lot
Wasn't that bad? It literally was caught on the middle of the RH batter's box on the dirt, no other ump would have called that a strike. The strike 3 call was definitely low and a little bit outside, nowhere near a strike either. Ortiz had every right to be infuriated, he hates getting cheated out of pitches and he should have walked, twice. End of story.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Wasn't that bad? It literally was caught on the middle of the RH batter's box on the dirt, no other ump would have called that a strike. The strike 3 call was definitely low and a little bit outside, nowhere near a strike either. Ortiz had every right to be infuriated, he hates getting cheated out of pitches and he should have walked, twice. End of story.

I'll always hate Ortiz for not being in the same boat with arod bonds and Clemens so perhaps I'm bias

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013

I agree with all you have written but I did smirk at the fact that you say he was infuriated when he gets "cheated". A word usually to describe something else in baseball.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
The worst part was that Kulpa said after the game that the called 3 strike on Ortiz was "right down the middle". I just had to laugh at that. Anyways no more Kulpa behind the dish so the next couple games won't be decided by the umps....should be good games, go Sox!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The worst part was that Kulpa said after the game that the called 3 strike on Ortiz was "right down the middle". I just had to laugh at that. Anyways no more Kulpa behind the dish so the next couple games won't be decided by the umps....should be good games, go Sox!

Did u just take the high road? U sicken me, roll in the mud with us:D

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Hey, I almost feel bad for you guys...2 wins in a row against us and you're still in last place. This team is definitely not the Yanks of old....(well actually, it is the Yanks of old, but that's another story for another day :))

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Hey, I almost feel bad for you guys...2 wins in a row against us and you're still in last place. This team is definitely not the Yanks of old....(well actually, it is the Yanks of old, but that's another story for another day :))
I can at least say I had no real expectations from the team this year. I'd like to see judge sooner than later to give us something to look forward too.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Why isn't Judge on the roster? He could definitely add some spark to the lineup....I'm sure he'd be a much better option over Dustin Ackley in RF.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I'm debating whether to start Severino tomorrow for my fantasy team. It's either him or Iwakuma but Kuma is historically awful against the Astros and in the limited times Severino has faced the Red Sox he's been pretty decent.

I still worry because Severino has not been very good this season and the Sox are a darn good offensive team at the moment. I traded for Severino a little over a week ago and I sat him the first opportunity I had to use him because I had to conserve starts this week and I was right in doing so. I'd like to use him this time because despite the slow start I know he has tons of potential.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'm debating whether to start Severino tomorrow for my fantasy team. It's either him or Iwakuma but Kuma is historically awful against the Astros and in the limited times Severino has faced the Red Sox he's been pretty decent.

I still worry because Severino has not been very good this season and the Sox are a darn good offensive team at the moment. I traded for Severino a little over a week ago and I sat him the first opportunity I had to use him because I had to conserve starts this week and I was right in doing so. I'd like to use him this time because despite the slow start I know he has tons of potential.
If you bench him he'll pitch well and if you start him he'll get hammered. I say you should start him for selfish reasons. ;-)

Members online