User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need eveyones advice please.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need eveyones advice please.

I have made some but this a fellow darryl strawberry collector that is selling off his collection. I have spent quite a bit with him and he let me know this week he had some more to sell. So I picked out some me made a deal but all the while he is saying he had more offers for a particular one the one I wanted the most. Despite this he agreed on a price then I got this."My youngest flushed a handful of cards in the toilet a little while ago, I am nauseated m. One of your 3 cards was in the stack, the triple threads with Gooden. I also lost a couple recollection autos and some cards I was going to list Sunday. I don't even know what to say, hundreds of dollars down the drain. So if you want the other two, they are fine, or you can cancel the deal. LMK either way and take care, I am very sorry. " in a email. What should I do?

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the other 2.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And let that be the last time you deal with him. Seriously how many times can these absurd situations actually occur during price negotiations for baseball cards? From trades to eBay, sellers sure seem to have a lot of inconvenient tragedies when they clearly aren't getting the price they wanted or if they've received better offers.

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking of given up collecting, as I'm sure to have many unexpected illnesses, car repairs, and emergency surgeries from what I can tell.

My worst "I'm sure they think I'm lying moment" was when I had a card on my desk to mail in a penny sleeve, and my cat chewed the corner of it badly because he likes to chew plastic.

If you want the card badly enough, you'll put up with a lot of nonsense to get them.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His excuse/explanation was in poor form I agree. Although if no money had exchange hands prior to him giving you this excuse and he received a higher offer for the card in question then I find it hard to blame him if he didn't want to leave money on the table.

If he was honest with you and said that he received a higher offer for that card and took it would you still be upset?

If you had already paid for the cards then I agree I would be upset, but if not then I would take the other two cards and let it be water under the bridge. just my 2 cents...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for the replies so far keep them coming. I'm not mad to me it's the Principe of the deal it was made and if he got a better off which is what my gut tells me then be honest.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a buyer, until I get enough cards to either sell or trade.

I've made several deals with members of this forum and everyone has been on the up and up. Even if I made a deal here and I found the same card lower on eBay, I would still honor the deal that I made here, because my word is the only thing that I have on this board and I want to be here for a long time to come.

Like [MENTION=2016]hive17[/MENTION] said, take the other two. Then, I would be done with him.

Don't forget to check eBay for any listings of the cards that y'all had a deal on.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy, use PayPal if they are cards you really want so you are protected against any funny business.
    I collect Michael Jordan basic Fleer
    All Future and Current HOF QB RCs PSA Graded
    Darryl Strawberry PSA 10
    Basic Topps / Bowman / Heritage PSA 10
    Mike Trout / Clayton Kershaw / Carlos Correa / Kris Bryant / Texas Rangers

JEBJJA29
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have asked for a picture of the cards.....Call his bluff.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the one in the toilet? I would just move on from the whole deal.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am confused, I read the description on the auction and it basically says he is "looking" for the card and doesn't have it? And that somebody screwed him with a side deal? What am I missing here

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused toI. I guess he is looking for this card he got took too. I just messaged him and asked if it's the same guy?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call his bluff, ask for photos of the ruined cards. Cards can't really go down the toilet. The tell everyone here who it is.

I've dealt with this kind of BS before, I just call them out and tell them to be honest if they got a higher offer because I'll usually beat it.

Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrawberryfan39 View Post
    I'm confused toI. I guess he is looking for this card he got took too. I just messaged him and asked if it's the same guy?
    That's is some weird **** Curious how it turns out but I am thinking it would be time to cut bait and move on completely. Seems like some shenanigans going on. I would actually find it funny if someone actually bid on his auction and won the phantom card he listed. If it is the same guy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast