Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player/Team Hoarders Helping other Hoarders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I had this idea earlier that I ran by [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] that maybe some of us that are player collectors that like accumulating multiple copies of our guys we PC could help each other. I have been putting aside my Andre Dawson doubles for a while now for him since I know he likes collecting doubles. In turn he has been putting aside Fred McGriff and Orel Hershiser doubles for me.

This got me to thinking maybe we could do this on a bigger scale. If other people like to hoard/collect another player I would be glad to go through my stuff and pull that persons cards and send them too them especially if they could do the same for me and/or others on the forum. We could consider this to an extent for people wanting cards for a team as well. I kind of see this as a pay it forward type thing or similar to the freebie thread.

I think if shipping costs are of concern this could be worked out between the people trading. Maybe some people wouldn't mind digging through some boxes to help other collectors out even if they do not care to hoard a player or a team. This could be a good way to clean out some boxes and help other collectors at the same time.

I would imagine some more sought after players probably would not be included in this thread. I also imagine most of the cards sent out would be more common stuff or inserts.

Anyone want to participate? Any concerns or ideas that could make this better? Should we include all sports under one thread since not much activity happens in some of the other sections of the forum?

If some people want to participate please let me know and I can make a list of who may want certain players.

Baseball Players
Heath Bell- BenG76
George Brett- PineTar5
Matt Carpenter- Mizzouboy
Andre Dawson- Hawk8
Bobby Doerr- DoerrCollector
Jaime Garcia- Mizzouboy
Steve Garvey- mrmopar
Orel Hershiser- BenG76
Chipper Jones- chippercards.com
Matt Joyce- DoerrCollector
Dave Justice- EtherealSOC
Darryl Kile- Therion
Edgar Martinez- EDGARMARTINEZcollector
Fred McGriff- BenG76
Lance Niekro- DoerrCollector
Paul O'Neill- Yanks2151
Stephen Piscotty- Mizzouboy
Deion Sanders- BenG76
Johan Santana- pac_rat_76
Mo Vaughn- U L Washington Rookie
U L Washington- U L Washington Rookie
Lou Whitaker- U L Washington Rookie
Kolton Wong- Mizzouboy
Steven Wright- goobmcnasty
Kevin Youkilis- Ct Sox Fan

Baseball Teams
Boston Red Sox- Ct Sox Fan
Boston Red Sox- Mister T
Chicago Cubs- BenG76
LA Dodgers- mrmopar
Minnesota Twins- pac_rat_76
New York Yankees- Yanks2151
St. Louis Cardinals- Mizzouboy

Football Players
Jim McMahon- BenG76
Deion Sanders- BenG76
Alex Smith- Mizzouboy

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2008
What a fun idea!

I am almost finished working through my massive inventory backlog. Down to just 400 or so singles to prep for listings before I am ready to tackle a 20,000+ card pile that is my unsorted minor/semi/star bulk inventory. Was planning to go ahead and pull all the McGriff's for you. Should be around a couple hundred, although don't count on me any time soon. Guessing this project is still at least 2-3 months away. Dreading how time consuming it will be. I plan to dominate the dining room table for at least a week or two. Pretty sure Orel won't be in there though.

I would happily take any extra Chippers you have, and of course will go in your favor since the Crime Dog does not sell for quite as much. Although for what it's worth, this McGriff stack will be loaded when I do get to it - lots of parallels & inserts in the mix. ;)

Happy to take requests from others. I usually only get around to pulling stars for group lots, but if I have requests for other players coming in I will pull them too.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I like the idea. I have done that in the past and it has worked pretty well. My problem over there years was the people I had a good thing going with got out of the hobby. I would love to do this in order to receive Yankees as a team or on a lower player level Paul O'Neill cards. I'm looking forward to checking back to see if we get something moving on this.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
who collects PADRES ?????????? 12,000 plus.
650,000 total cards sorted by teams and most in alpha order . At present time I've traded 12,000 SF Giants for other teams that I can use .
PM best for me

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
What a fun idea!

I am almost finished working through my massive inventory backlog. Down to just 400 or so singles to prep for listings before I am ready to tackle a 20,000+ card pile that is my unsorted minor/semi/star bulk inventory. Was planning to go ahead and pull all the McGriff's for you. Should be around a couple hundred, although don't count on me any time soon. Guessing this project is still at least 2-3 months away. Dreading how time consuming it will be. I plan to dominate the dining room table for at least a week or two. Pretty sure Orel won't be in there though.

I would happily take any extra Chippers you have, and of course will go in your favor since the Crime Dog does not sell for quite as much. Although for what it's worth, this McGriff stack will be loaded when I do get to it - lots of parallels & inserts in the mix. ;)

Happy to take requests from others. I usually only get around to pulling stars for group lots, but if I have requests for other players coming in I will pull them too.

Cool I will make a list above in the original post and put you down for Chipper Jones. I just bought a collection that I need to go through myself plus I will set aside what I already have for you. Thanks

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I like the idea. I have done that in the past and it has worked pretty well. My problem over there years was the people I had a good thing going with got out of the hobby. I would love to do this in order to receive Yankees as a team or on a lower player level Paul O'Neill cards. I'm looking forward to checking back to see if we get something moving on this.

Cool I will put you down for the Yankees and Paul O'Neill.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I'd be down for Darryl Kile, but I worry that I won't find much to send out.

I can add you to the list. I'd imagine some guys wouldn't mind sending some your way since you seem to be a long time forum member. Even if you can send a few cards someone's way it can help out. Plus everyone likes getting mail.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I love this thread!

Glad you like it. We have a couple people on board so far. I wish we could get a few more. If you guys can think of anyone else that may want to participate please PM them or tag them so they can find this thread.

Also I bought a car load of cards last week and I am starting to go through them. Already pulled some cards for the guys on-board tonight.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I need team cards and stickers but no checklist . No cards out of uniform- traded to etc. At this time i'm mainly working on basketball to team boxes = 20,000 plus picked up , football is mostly done and baseball goes on forever .
Very few inserts except low end in all sports - some GU / Autos but cheap older players . Off center , out of focus and gum stained gone unless pre 1986 .
i need to trade bulk Mariners , Padres , Phils , Marlins , Indians , Brewers and Tigers . i can do boxes of different cards 100 / 2000 most teams
I collect Matt Capps autos and newer Rangers - i have a list will try to do later

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Definitely willing to participate. I hoard David Justice cards but have lots of other players. Great thread.

Cool I will add you to the list this evening when I get home. I should have some Justice cards I can send your way.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
I had this idea earlier that I ran by @Hawk8 that maybe some of us that are player collectors that like accumulating multiple copies of our guys we PC could help each other. I have been putting aside my Andre Dawson doubles for a while now for him since I know he likes collecting doubles. In turn he has been putting aside Fred McGriff and Orel Hershiser doubles for me.

Anyone want to participate? Any concerns or ideas that could make this better? Should we include all sports under one thread since not much activity happens in some of the other sections of the forum?

This is an excellent idea! I have quite a few boxes of players like those listed above that I've been wanting to find a good home for. Count me in.

I don't want to overdo my list, but here are the main guys I collect who'd be reasonable player candidates for something like this: Lou Whitaker, U L Washington, and Mo Vaughn. If that should be whittled down to one, Whitaker is the guy. Or if someone else interested collects any of those guys, I'd say send the cards to them.

Pete

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
This is an excellent idea! I have quite a few boxes of players like those listed above that I've been wanting to find a good home for. Count me in.

I don't want to overdo my list, but here are the main guys I collect who'd be reasonable player candidates for something like this: Lou Whitaker, U L Washington, and Mo Vaughn. If that should be whittled down to one, Whitaker is the guy. Or if someone else interested collects any of those guys, I'd say send the cards to them.

Pete

3 guys doesn't seem like to much to me. I will add you to the list as well when I get home. I should have some stuff for you as well.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
This is a great concept. I have been part of a Team Collectors group (Tramers and Therion are part of it) that is going on for 10 years now. We have had folks come and go, but still have a core of 10-12 collectors that are still active. I would be happy to help send some players/teams if I have them. If they are on a team that someone collects in my group, I wouldn't have much.

For me, I am a Kevin Youkilis player collector and a Red Sox team collector.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I am looking for a team collector to trade with. Looking for a low end deal. I collect Yankees and would take just about anything. An ideal deal for me would you name your team. I put together a lot of 100-200 cards of your team. From junk years, base numbered and some game used and low end autos. I send you the lot. You send me back whatever you feel is a fair return. I plan on breaking some older sets to make this happen. If this sounds like something you would want to do please let me know. I would love to start putting these together. Kevin in CT.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I team PC the Red Sox.

Also, I already send out a lot of team sets to people from AIC's TCG breaks. If you see that I got your team in a break and want a set, LMK.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Updated the list in the original post. I did not know about the team collectors group. Not meaning to step on anyone's toes with this list.

If I missed anything or anyone please let me know. I am pretty happy that this has a good start.

Members online

Latest posts