Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Tournament 3 - Multi Player Relic Winner and Vacation Announcement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'll break the ice.

I vote for the triple. Epic patches of guys I watched during my childhood. You can't beat that. Plus, it pictures them early in their career, even though it's an '08 or '09 product.

The dual is beyond stunning. Jersey number (which I value, I know some don't) is huge. The only drawback, for me, is that Kid is in a Reds uni. That does not take away from the card's awesomeness, but if it's a Mariners / Mariners dual patch, it makes it that much tougher. Holy Christmas that was beyond tough ... ugh ... ugh ... triple ugh.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
YIKES!!:eek:

Im voting for the triple-barely

The break in the Yount patch is great, it's 25/25 and has three players versus two but that Ichiro/Griffey card is my second favorite card in the bracket. Well done guys

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Gotta go with the dual. Such an influential and memorable patch set from the mid 2000s, and each of two of the best of all-time with incredibly solid patches on each. Not to downplay the triple, as it has an incredible chance of winning if voted through this round.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Holy smokes! What a great matchup!

There is really nothing to not like about each card. Player selection/patches/design/colors fit well with both cards. Card numbering isnt a factor with me at all.

I literally had to input both in to random.org and hit the random button 5 times. Here is the result:
random.jpg

Random picked Dual.

I'm voting Dual only because of the result from Random.org.

Good luck to both participants as this one is a real gunslinger!

Fordman

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This one is tough, about a virtual tie for me. I'm gonna give my vote to the Triple, as patches of older players (not by much here) are impressive. Love the Yount patch on the card, and those are three amazing hitters I loved watching in my youth. Both are great cards!

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Great matchup - while it's hard for me to go against a Griffey, I vote for the triple patch. Being out of /25 compared to /99 helps and I prefer the patch-color diversity on the triple slightly more than the dual.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
This is such a tough pairing. I will default to the dual only because I am a life long Mariners fan and although Griffey is in his Reds jersey it does have Ichiro with Griffeys Mariners jersey number. The triple patch is definitely a beautiful card as well, but both are equal in my book so I have to default to which one I would choose to be in my personal collection on this vote.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Wow...If I counted right (and assuming both entrants would vote for their own card) I think the triple took it by ONE vote!

There have been some great pairings in these tournaments, thank you for submitting and thank you for voting.

First semi coming soon.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Here is the updated bracket:

attachment.php

Semi Final 1 pits

attachment.php

against

attachment.php

I am using larger images so people can see the detail better.

Let the voting begin!

Attachments

• Bracket.jpg
    Bracket.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Zan - Sized big.jpg
    Zan - Sized big.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 51
  • metallicalex777 - mulit player relic big.jpg
    metallicalex777 - mulit player relic big.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 52

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Fox/Gehrig/Greenberg Triple. I think the red background of the Paige/Felix/Darvish is too much and distracts/diverts attention away from the patches

Members online

Latest posts