Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why can't they keep em all the same?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
So I have this awesome frame to display cards. I've had it for years. Lately, each year I like to add the current team to it. Last year, I had to wait to get an Aoki and Duffy because they came out in the update set. This year, I took the easy way and grabbed a team set at a local Jersey shop. Excited to add them to my frame, I opened it up and found awesome looking cards. Except two wont work for my frame.

Because they are landscape, not portrait pictures.

2016 Topps #299 - Angel Pagan

2016 Topps #137 - Joe Panik

Angel Pagan and Joe Panik make for exciting action shots, which look better sideways. I get that. I was thinking that Topps should do the base set as all portrait, and instead of a bunch of different colored parallels, do another chase set of all action shots. This would be nice for both my frame, and for collectors looking for something different than just a short printed card with a different color border.

Just thinking out loud...

Attachments

• 20160508_101221.jpg
    20160508_101221.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That's a good idea. It would definitely make the cards more distinct, especially since some of Topps' SP parallels are sometimes just a different picture. Making the base set uniformly vertical, then parallels horizontal would be a cool. I do like seeing some horizontal cards though, but they don't always look good in pages in an album.

A few years ago, I opened a box of 2012 Topps Update and didn't realize until months later that I got a few SP variations, because they were just different photos.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That's a good idea. It would definitely make the cards more distinct, especially since some of Topps' SP parallels are sometimes just a different picture. Making the base set uniformly vertical, then parallels horizontal would be a cool. I do like seeing some horizontal cards though, but they don't always look good in pages in an album.

A few years ago, I opened a box of 2012 Topps Update and didn't realize until months later that I got a few SP variations, because they were just different photos.

Uh...half the variations these days have differences that are so subtle it's hard, even if you supposedly know what you're looking for...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Uh...half the variations these days have differences that are so subtle it's hard, even if you supposedly know what you're looking for...
I rarely buy new cards anymore, and those are only regular and update Topps. So subtle variations are new to me.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I rarely buy new cards anymore, and those are only regular and update Topps. So subtle variations are new to me.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. :p

Seriously, save yourself the headache and just pretend they don't exist. It's a nightmare.

Members online

Latest posts